This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I run Crysis and Warhead at 60fps?

#1sonicteam2k1Posted 10/11/2013 1:56:54 PM
at 1080p? not at max obviously but can I run at a setting that would give me 60fps?

i5 3570K
HD7970 GHz Edition
8GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I see they're on sale for $5
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#2DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/11/2013 2:21:27 PM
1920x1080, all settings max except maybe object detail.
You may need to overclock your CPU to keep a solid 60+.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#3Lemur_HPosted 10/11/2013 2:23:20 PM
Yes. But then you'll inevitably hit the levels that drop your framerate anyways. Cause f*** that game.
#4Snuckie7Posted 10/11/2013 2:24:06 PM
I'm not sure if there is a setting that will tone down the extremely demanding physics.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#5Lemur_HPosted 10/11/2013 2:28:12 PM
Snuckie7 posted...
I'm not sure if there is a setting that will tone down the extremely demanding physics.

I believe there is. But I think it either removes objects or just makes them unbreakable/static? I don't remember...

Googled.

Physics Quality: What’s the world without physics? The answer; boring, stale, non interactive and unrealistic! Crysis comes with loads of destructible buildings, breakable objects and tons of swaying trees and shrubs. The physics setting determines the amount of realism in your game world. This setting has little impact on image quality but does have a significant impact on performance. Setting it to low will disable most of the destructive elements in Crysis and disable some features. A user should decide the level of interactivity and realism they desire. For most users medium is an acceptable compromise. High should be enabled for cards with the performance level of an 8800 GT.
#6TheFeshPincePosted 10/11/2013 2:36:50 PM
Lemur_H posted...
Yes. But then you'll inevitably hit the levels that drop your framerate anyways. Cause f*** that game.

This.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4
#7DividingSolidPosted 10/11/2013 3:24:46 PM
Lemur_H posted...
Snuckie7 posted...

I believe there is. But I think it either removes objects or just makes them unbreakable/static? I don't remember...

Googled.

Physics Quality: What’s the world without physics? The answer; boring, stale, non interactive and unrealistic! Crysis comes with loads of destructible buildings, breakable objects and tons of swaying trees and shrubs. The physics setting determines the amount of realism in your game world. This setting has little impact on image quality but does have a significant impact on performance. Setting it to low will disable most of the destructive elements in Crysis and disable some features. A user should decide the level of interactivity and realism they desire. For most users medium is an acceptable compromise. High should be enabled for cards with the performance level of an 8800 GT.

If only it's sequels had the same amount of physics.
---
Origin/Steam: DividingSolid
8 gigs DDR3, Nvidia 660 Ti, i5 3570k
#8DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/11/2013 4:13:49 PM
Lemur_H posted...
Snuckie7 posted...

Googled.

The funny thing is, how much it impacts performance has 0 relation to your videocard.
The other funny thing is, physics has such a tiny, miniscule performance impact on any setting.
The third funny thing is, blowing up a building hurts framerate less than walking does.

Seriously, though, it's all in the object detail.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#9gastamanPosted 10/11/2013 4:39:10 PM
TheFeshPince posted...
Lemur_H posted...

This.

This.
---
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200
#10sonicteam2k1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 5:31:35 AM
what about Crysis 3???
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own