This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I run Crysis and Warhead at 60fps?

#11HighOnPhazonPosted 10/12/2013 10:41:46 AM
Crysis makes any build suffer FPS loss no matter what.

Except that and move on
---
GT/Steam: AncientToaster
i5 3750K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#12HighOnPhazonPosted 10/12/2013 10:42:05 AM
Also accept that I used the wrong "accept"
---
GT/Steam: AncientToaster
i5 3750K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#13sonicteam2k1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 3:16:29 AM
HighOnPhazon posted...

lol
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#14reincarnator07Posted 10/14/2013 4:21:20 AM
HighOnPhazon posted...

You can edit your posts y'know.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#15AnatomyHorrorPosted 10/14/2013 7:07:17 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Lemur_H posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
I'm not sure if there is a setting that will tone down the extremely demanding physics.

I believe there is. But I think it either removes objects or just makes them unbreakable/static? I don't remember...

Googled.

Physics Quality: What’s the world without physics? The answer; boring, stale, non interactive and unrealistic! Crysis comes with loads of destructible buildings, breakable objects and tons of swaying trees and shrubs. The physics setting determines the amount of realism in your game world. This setting has little impact on image quality but does have a significant impact on performance. Setting it to low will disable most of the destructive elements in Crysis and disable some features. A user should decide the level of interactivity and realism they desire. For most users medium is an acceptable compromise. High should be enabled for cards with the performance level of an 8800 GT.

The funny thing is, how much it impacts performance has 0 relation to your videocard.
The other funny thing is, physics has such a tiny, miniscule performance impact on any setting.
The third funny thing is, blowing up a building hurts framerate less than walking does.

Seriously, though, it's all in the object detail.

Then why don't more games have physics? I consider Havoc physics the worst, but I'd be happy if every game had havoc physics or something similar. No physics sucks in games. I'm tired of it.
#16ThescyyPosted 10/14/2013 7:19:50 PM(edited)
It's the AI, thats the reason the main times your fps drops is as you approach enemy outposts and your fps will go up as you kill more enemies.
---
i7 3930k @ 4.5Ghz | H220 | asrock x79 extreme 9 | 16GB 1600mhz ram | SLI GTX 780 | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | 8TB HDDs | EVGA Supernova 1300 G2 | Fractal design R4
#171337toothbrushPosted 10/14/2013 7:57:04 PM
AnatomyHorror posted...
Then why don't more games have physics? I consider Havoc physics the worst, but I'd be happy if every game had havoc physics or something similar. No physics sucks in games. I'm tired of it.

Because 360 and PS3, thanks to their in-order execution CPUs.
---
------------
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/hobo2/MantisShrimp_zpsf052614e.jpg
#18farigontiPosted 10/14/2013 8:08:22 PM
gastaman posted...
TheFeshPince posted...
Lemur_H posted...
Yes. But then you'll inevitably hit the levels that drop your framerate anyways. Cause f*** that game.

This.

This.

Kinda glad ppl got over the "I can run Crysis 60fps maxed I don't know what you're talking about" phase.
---
FC= 3265-4867-8550
#19DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/15/2013 2:02:51 AM
AnatomyHorror posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Lemur_H posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
I'm not sure if there is a setting that will tone down the extremely demanding physics.

I believe there is. But I think it either removes objects or just makes them unbreakable/static? I don't remember...

Googled.

Physics Quality: What’s the world without physics? The answer; boring, stale, non interactive and unrealistic! Crysis comes with loads of destructible buildings, breakable objects and tons of swaying trees and shrubs. The physics setting determines the amount of realism in your game world. This setting has little impact on image quality but does have a significant impact on performance. Setting it to low will disable most of the destructive elements in Crysis and disable some features. A user should decide the level of interactivity and realism they desire. For most users medium is an acceptable compromise. High should be enabled for cards with the performance level of an 8800 GT.

The funny thing is, how much it impacts performance has 0 relation to your videocard.
The other funny thing is, physics has such a tiny, miniscule performance impact on any setting.
The third funny thing is, blowing up a building hurts framerate less than walking does.

Seriously, though, it's all in the object detail.

Laziness and consoles.
Consoles have super weak CPUs and rely on a lack of API overhead to boost performance. In this case, physics makes a big difference, as you're not already spending 4-5x as long just setting up objects and making draw calls as you do processing all of the relevant physics for a scene.
Seriously, try it. See how different your framerates are with physics on lowest and physics on max. I guarantee your framerate will suffer more just looking at the village in stage 2 than it will from blowing up all the shanty huts in the game.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64