This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have never been one to use Adblock...

#21DerPancakePosted 10/11/2013 10:14:18 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
DerPancake posted...
Its a free service, would you rather have them charge 30 dollars a month so you could use youtube?

Youtube is going to charge me to let them make money from content I make?

10/10 good business plan

No they would charge you so you can use their service to make money.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#22Moorish_IdolPosted 10/11/2013 10:21:05 PM
If you don't agree with Adblock but hate Youtube's ads, you could just block them on that site and none other.
#23rpgianPosted 10/11/2013 11:02:38 PM
When you switch over be sure to:

1. Disable non intrusives
2. Subscribe to lots of filters
3. Get to the pop up add on
4. Get greasemonkey
5. Get anti adblock killer to get around the sites that say disable adblock
6. Spit in the eyes of anyone who studying marketing
#24blakegallowayPosted 10/12/2013 12:42:46 AM
I believe myself and the OP are in the same boat. I don't mind static banner and sidebar ads. I don't mind small videos that play off to the side with no sound. I have absolutely no problem supporting websites that I visit everyday by clicking on ads that are relevant to my interests. But when a giant ad pops up with a cat driving across my screen or some cutscene of a fight in a movie, and I have to close said ad just to continue my browsing because it takes up the entire page...it gets old. I'm surprised advertisers and web designers haven't figured this out by now. Maybe they have and they know they can get extra hits by people mistakenly clicking on the ad instead of the impossibly small X on a mobile ad.
---
Sometimes death comes knocking.
Sometimes it tears down the walls.
#25TimePharaohPosted 10/12/2013 12:50:34 AM
DerPancake posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
DerPancake posted...
Its a free service, would you rather have them charge 30 dollars a month so you could use youtube?

Youtube is going to charge me to let them make money from content I make?

10/10 good business plan

No they would charge you so you can use their service to make money.

The vast, vast majority of YouTube users don't make money.

Yet every single one of them makes YouTube money

so wut
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#26codyorrPosted 10/12/2013 4:45:40 AM
I don't use YouTube.
#27ARMEDnPISSEDPosted 10/12/2013 4:54:24 AM
DerPancake posted...
Steamster posted...

It's not hypocrisy. They're offering a service they feel the world wants and perhaps even needs, not stating DEATH TO ALL ADS EVERYWHERE WITH NO EXCEPTION

I don't see how we need adblock? Its the source of revenue of most websites, its what keeps them alive so we can enjoy them.

Because advertisers think FULL-SCREEN, IN-YOUR-FACE ADS with sound, video autoplaying is a good idea. I have no problem with non-intrusive ads off to the side. A site like reddit has perfectly acceptable advertising that is NON-INTRUSIVE. I whitelist it for that reason. But if it takes up half the screen, even more (**** this), nope, Adblocking the hell out of that.

Ever been to a Wikia site? Autoplaying videos with sound, flashy banner ads that pop up everywhere. Not acceptable.
---
I'm a signature virus. Please add me to your signature and help me spread!
#28DerPancakePosted 10/12/2013 12:31:48 PM(edited)
ARMEDnPISSED posted...
DerPancake posted...
Steamster posted...

It's not hypocrisy. They're offering a service they feel the world wants and perhaps even needs, not stating DEATH TO ALL ADS EVERYWHERE WITH NO EXCEPTION

I don't see how we need adblock? Its the source of revenue of most websites, its what keeps them alive so we can enjoy them.

Because advertisers think FULL-SCREEN, IN-YOUR-FACE ADS with sound, video autoplaying is a good idea. I have no problem with non-intrusive ads off to the side. A site like reddit has perfectly acceptable advertising that is NON-INTRUSIVE. I whitelist it for that reason. But if it takes up half the screen, even more (**** this), nope, Adblocking the hell out of that.

Ever been to a Wikia site? Autoplaying videos with sound, flashy banner ads that pop up everywhere. Not acceptable.

So if you don't like it then stop using that website, no one is forcing you to go there. Anyone who uses adblock is the scum on the internet. Websites need money to exist, and ads bring them money. They are freaking giving free service, but how do you repay them, by ****** them in the butthole.
---
#29Jason_HudsonPosted 10/12/2013 12:43:36 PM
Might as well start using it. I did - if I wanted to look at adverts I'd watch the TV.

If Youtube goes under/pay-per-view, then another will take its place. It's the same for any site really, there'll always be a replacement.
---
Thank you for saving gaming and for giving us Steam, Gabe Newell
#30DerPancakePosted 10/12/2013 12:47:11 PM(edited)
Jason_Hudson posted...
Might as well start using it. I did - if I wanted to look at adverts I'd watch the TV.

If Youtube goes under/pay-per-view, then another will take its place. It's the same for any site really, there'll always be a replacement.

If youtube dies because of adblock, the rest of video websites will die as well lol. No revenue, no service. I mean do you go to work for free?
---