This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why doesnt every game ever made come to PC?

#11MangorushXIIIPosted 10/11/2013 11:17:07 PM
I bet you guys wish you can play be playing Red Dead Redemption or Grand Theft Auto V right now, don't you? *proud owner of these two games*
#12BlueRamzaPosted 10/12/2013 3:04:56 AM
Money, plain and simple.
---
Snake: There's no happiness found in death, no peace either; I'm leaving here alive, because a strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
#13sonicteam2k1Posted 10/12/2013 5:10:50 AM
MangorushXIII posted...
I bet you guys wish you can play be playing Red Dead Redemption or Grand Theft Auto V right now, don't you? *proud owner of these two games*

umm I can plan both of those whenever I want. I have no interest in GTA at all and I have Red Dead Redemption so......try trolling harder?
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#14GwynsSonSolaire(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 5:51:30 AM
BlueRamza posted...
Money, plain and simple.

its already made on pc tho
---
GwynsSonSolaire Topic
#15MonerMonerPosted 10/12/2013 5:58:34 AM
MangorushXIII posted...

I wish you didnt buy the last set of consoles, now PCH cannot play any exclusives.
#16-CJF-Posted 10/12/2013 6:05:35 AM
Just because the games are created on PC, that doesn't mean they are made for the PC architecture. They have to be ported to a language the computer can understand which takes more resources and funds. Because of the costs involved, the only games which usually get PC ports are games that sold well on consoles and AA games that can be predicted to sell well.
#17tirn33Posted 10/12/2013 6:14:39 AM
I think the main reason is MS/Sony have to get people to buy their console.

If you want to play Halo go buy an Xbox and some PC gamers will. Even if it is just 2 million or something fairly small over 8 years. Or want to play Uncharted get a PS3.

It also helps Xbox/PS3 players feel better as they have some exclusives and can be a bit fanboy with those games. PC also has exclusives but much less AAA games and more indie games.

So now with new consoles coming MS can say, get our console for Halo. Same with Sony. Most people say buy the console where your friends are or the exclusives you like.
#18GwynsSonSolaire(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 6:23:25 AM
tirn33 posted...

If you want to play Halo go buy an Xbox and some PC gamers will. Even if it is just 2 million or something fairly small over 8 years. Or want to play Uncharted get a PS3.

It also helps Xbox/PS3 players feel better as they have some exclusives and can be a bit fanboy with those games. PC also has exclusives but much less AAA games and more indie games.

So now with new consoles coming MS can say, get our console for Halo. Same with Sony. Most people say buy the console where your friends are or the exclusives you like.

Yer but im saying after the gen is over (aka now) why wouldnt M$ release all the halos on steam or Sony release uncharted 1-3?

They would make easy extra $$$$
---
GwynsSonSolaire Topic
#19tirn33Posted 10/12/2013 6:53:02 AM
GwynsSonSolaire posted...
Yer but im saying after the gen is over (aka now) why wouldnt M$ release all the halos on steam or Sony release uncharted 1-3?

Well I imagine it would take some time/money to port. But I would guess the bigger reason is Uncharted would no longer be Sony exclusive. Saying that you could wait some years and get Uncharted on PC.

Sony in general has not supported PC/Windows. MS has put most of their exclusive games on Windows because it is a win/win for them.

I also question the sales a 2-7 year console series would get on recently released to PC. I'm sure Uncharted 1 would look like junk now. I played Bioshock 1 the other day on PC. You can tell it is old. They would have to price the whole series as a bundle at $20-$30. Just not really worth it probably.
#20DragonyeuwPosted 10/12/2013 6:59:41 AM
GwynsSonSolaire posted...
tirn33 posted...

Halo 1 and 2 are already on pc. Putting 3/4/Reach on PC while the 360 is still around gives people less reason to buy an Xbox. I seem to recall reading somewhere that halo 3 is making its way to steam soon?
---
Systems owned- PS3 slim, PS2 slim, PS Vita, PSP3000... Nintendo Wii, Blue 3dsXL,SNES..... Xbox 360.....Sega Dreamcast