This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What the hell is wrong with Flash?

#1PunkMcThrustPosted 10/11/2013 11:00:52 PM
Topic title. Why has it become so intensive? Why are even OLD flash games becoming impossible to run at anything but 5 fps?
I went back to Newgrounds to play an ancient Flash game I used to like, one that, mind you, my old as crap HP prepacked toaster could run perfectly, and it barely ran at all. What has happened? What are the people at Adobe doing to make it so unoptomized that it ruins OLD Flash games?

Is there some setting I'm missing?
---
#1 hater of Capcom, casual games, casual gamers, and the God of War series
#2ggf162Posted 10/11/2013 11:10:32 PM
You hate casual games, casual games hate you.
---
My name is Ivan I like you
#3MaKhaosPosted 10/11/2013 11:35:22 PM
For a second there I thought you were either talking about the summoner spell in LoL or the korean SC2 player.
---
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]
#4Nightmare2398Posted 10/12/2013 1:23:40 AM
flash just keeps getting worse, the newest update has crashed on me about 30 times in a week so far...

flash used to run fine on my old imac from 1999 or my old dell from 2002, now my 2009 quad core laptop with a 4650 graphics card struggle to run flash, despite it running just fine when i bought it...
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: VegetarianEater
"This is very heavy, and this, may I remind you, is on fire." -Moony (Moony and Broon Show)
#5Sir_Burpalot21Posted 10/12/2013 1:25:16 AM
Flash! A-aaaahh~ Savior of the universe!
---
"Jack Tretton, chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment America, says he is pleased to see so many unsold PS3s sitting on shelves." -IGN