This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who do you guys support more? Steve Jobs or Bill Gates?

#41Fat_Dog_MendozaPosted 10/13/2013 12:27:38 AM
Both MS and Apple don't seem to be making products quite as well as they used to without their iconic heads. We've gone from Windows XP, the early years of the 360 (pre-Kinect), and the first iPhones to Windows 8, Kinect/Xbone, and iPhone 5. It's like they've lost their ability to innovate in ways that anyone would find useful.

Overall I have more respect for Bill Gates though. I've always vastly preferred Windows (and yes I've owned a Mac, that's how I know I can't stand using them) and there's no doubt that the Xbox brand is better than the Pippin was. And as a person, Gates seems less arrogant, controlling, and more realistic than Jobs was.
---
*wipes brown*
#42hotgirlsarehot(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 2:21:54 AM
LordOfLegacies posted...
I'm going to support the man who DIDN'T create a bunch of hipsters in a coffee shop all lined up uniformly against the windows writing their novels in public on their macbooks.

Seriously, I was in Seattle a few days ago, walked into a coffee shop, there they were. Every single window seat was taken by guys with skinny jeans and girls wearing leggings and oversized boots, every single one of them writing on a macbook in Open Office or MS Office 07, and every single one of them wearing some kind of thick rimmed glasses, half of which didn't even have lenses.

Oh please, that is such an exaggeration --in your case, a flat out lie. This whole coffee thing with kids with computers is really an old stereotype of hipsters and Mac owners. So anyone who has a laptop at a coffee shop and is typing in a Word document, means they are hipsters? LOL, troll.
#43hotgirlsarehot(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 2:26:28 AM
KamenRiderBlade posted...
Bill Gates from the MS side

Steve Ballmer is a joke

Steve Jobs only had a few good ideas

Steve Wozniak was the real genius behind Apple.

If it wasn't for Bill Gates saving Apple back in the day, do you think there would've been the entire i(Family) of products to buy?

Steve Wozniak didn't do everything. Jobs knew how to work with programming and fiddling with complicated circuitry (as seen in Pirates of Silicon Valley).

Also Jobs is 10x more marketable than Fat Woz. Wozniak was a fat, jolly white neckbeard. Steve had movie star looks and could have easily been a model for clothing brands back in the 70's.
#44Super_Thug44Posted 10/13/2013 8:29:23 AM
hotgirlsarehot posted...
LordOfLegacies posted...
I'm going to support the man who DIDN'T create a bunch of hipsters in a coffee shop all lined up uniformly against the windows writing their novels in public on their macbooks.

Seriously, I was in Seattle a few days ago, walked into a coffee shop, there they were. Every single window seat was taken by guys with skinny jeans and girls wearing leggings and oversized boots, every single one of them writing on a macbook in Open Office or MS Office 07, and every single one of them wearing some kind of thick rimmed glasses, half of which didn't even have lenses.

Oh please, that is such an exaggeration --in your case, a flat out lie. This whole coffee thing with kids with computers is really an old stereotype of hipsters and Mac owners..

It's actually not. In Austin you see the same thing. It's kind of obnoxious walking past any Starbucks on campus and seeing everyone sitting with their Macbooks either typing some Word document or lurking Facebook. As for being hipsters, I dunno.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2Q46wvY.png
Currently watching: Fringe
#45LordOfLegaciesPosted 10/15/2013 12:16:07 AM
hotgirlsarehot posted...
Oh please, that is such an exaggeration --in your case, a flat out lie. This whole coffee thing with kids with computers is really an old stereotype of hipsters and Mac owners. So anyone who has a laptop at a coffee shop and is typing in a Word document, means they are hipsters? LOL, troll.

1. I'm not exaggerating in the slightest, that is what I saw. Your immediate hostility towards me tells me that you at least subconsciously believe you fit into this category and are taking offense to what I said.

2. Yeah, it is an old stereotype. It's also true, or at least based in truth. If you're saying macs and coffee shops aren't popular with hipsters, you're as delusional as you're trying to make me out to be.

3. That's not what I said, but it would but a large amount of suspicion on them. There are other criteria I use to judge someone a hipster, and I'm not going to sit here and explain it to you.

4. If you really thought I was trolling, you wouldn't be arguing with me. The more likely answer is that you're just another random who thinks that a troll is anyone who says something you don't like.
---
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.
#46schadowPosted 10/15/2013 4:27:12 AM(edited)
KamenRiderBlade posted...
If it wasn't for Bill Gates saving Apple back in the day, do you think there would've been the entire i(Family) of products to buy?

This kind of hindsight irks me every time. "If it hadn't been for A, there wouldn't be B, which couldn't have told C to create D". Do you realize how stupid this sounds?

You'd actually need a time machine to prove that your argument has a valid point.
---
MageofBlood391 posted...
GameFAQs: Because if all else fails, you can always argue semantics.
#47MarceloSampaioPosted 10/15/2013 6:27:32 AM
RPGMatt posted...
If Steve Jobs was so great, he wouldn't be dead.

So if I do charity work, feed kids in Africa and take care of abandoned animals in the street I'l be immortal?

Great! :3
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#48LordOfLegaciesPosted 10/16/2013 11:57:52 PM
MarceloSampaio posted...
RPGMatt posted...
If Steve Jobs was so great, he wouldn't be dead.

So if I do charity work, feed kids in Africa and take care of abandoned animals in the street I'l be immortal?

Great! :3

None of those things would make you a great person, and Jobs was a pretentious, selfish, narcissistic douchebag who scammed his own partner out of thousands of dollars and built his company with money made selling illegal items.
---
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.
#49anthrax360xPosted 10/17/2013 7:11:02 AM
Super_Thug44 posted...
Gates. Steve Jobs didn't build a computer science building on my college campus.

CMU?
---
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
#50KidIcarootsPosted 10/17/2013 7:13:25 AM
Gabe Newell