This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC gaming needs the next Crysis.

#31Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/12/2013 6:59:22 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Turn resolution scaling up to 200% in BF4 with everything at Ultra and tell me what you think

Looks slightly better than bf3
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#32singhellotakuPosted 10/12/2013 11:07:20 PM
crysis was boring as sin, a hard to run tech demo does not a game make.
#33Lemur_HPosted 10/12/2013 11:15:02 PM
Requiem posted...
You won't be able to run the next Crysis.
Hell, next "Crysis" is probably going to be a 8k game that no sli / xfire is going to b be able to run.

So... the next boring PC gaming benchmark is going to only support an 8K resolution.

Well no wonder it will run like s***.
#34Fat_Dog_MendozaPosted 10/12/2013 11:29:50 PM
There's no need for every game to be a turbo-graphics violent shooter, but they certainly have a place on PC. What's not cool about seeing a new game that looks more realistic than anything made before?
---
*wipes brown*
#35AcquirePosted 10/13/2013 12:08:17 AM(edited)
Uh... Metro Last Light? The game looks beautiful. To max it out, without physx or AA other than its built in AAA, you need a $650 gpu to get 60fps at 1920x1080 and over $1k of gpu power to get it to 60fps at 2560x1440.
---
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.
#36VoxwikPosted 10/13/2013 12:27:47 AM
I'll take games over tech demos. The increasing power of the average PC combined with graphics being held back by consoles has been amazing for the PC gaming market. PCs have long been more than powerful enough when it comes to game play at this point. Now better hardware just means better shiny graphics, which are nice but shouldn't hold back a game's design.

I have a fairly powerful machine right now but I'm still quite happy system requirements remain relatively low. Optional graphics settings and texture packs and mods and such are the ideal solution for the tiny minority that upgrades frequently or buys very expensive parts.

Even better, the explosion of "indie games" and "remasters" of some old 2D classics has revived sprites or other 2D techniques as something seen as valid in game design. Stylized 3D environments even mean that budgets need not shackle game design all because everything needs a multimillion dollar graphics and sound budget, and I'd rather see fun/clever game design than have every game need to cost many millions of dollars just to look pretty. Game graphics have long been good enough for me, and if they never looked better than the PS3/Xbox 360 era I'd be fine with that. The Xbox One and PS4 will likely set a new minimum standard for PC graphics, and that's good I think. A bump up in the minimum will happen, but it's far better for that bump to take 5-7 years compared to the rapid increase in system requirements that made PC gaming far too expensive in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

Consoles holding back PC graphics is probably the best thing to happen to PC gaming in the last decade, because it's helped keep the PC market large enough to be viable.
#37MadMadMarkPosted 10/13/2013 1:22:10 AM
While I agree Star Citizen will probably be the Next Crysis. I would not bet against X Rebirth pushing most PC's to the limit next month upon release, whether that is through optimization remains to be seen.
#38_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 10/13/2013 6:00:47 AM(edited)
Pff Crysis.

Sure it was technologically advanced , but when it comes to PC gaming as a whole , it is hardly relevant in my eyes in comparison to games like Counterstike and Starcraft. You know, the games the PC community actually rallied around and played to bits, and that attracted people to the platform. Crysis was just a benchmark tool and a way for 14 year olds with confidence issues to measure their e-wang. Not saying it can not be useful, but PC gaming needs good games more than they need games with pretty graphics. Though of course, one need not exclude the other.

---
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#39TheMisfitPosted 10/13/2013 6:09:10 AM
Too bad Crysis is a low point in PC gaming.
---
GameFAQs fanboy for 12 years.
#40DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/13/2013 7:18:19 AM
Requiem posted...
You won't be able to run the next Crysis.
Hell, next "Crysis" is probably going to be a 8k game that no sli / xfire is going to b be able to run.

lol console peasants.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64