This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC gaming needs the next Crysis.

#41therickmu25Posted 10/13/2013 8:18:36 AM
1337toothbrush posted...
You can tell who has played Crysis only on Xbox in this topic.

^Fixed
---
Games List: http://i.imgur.com/n5R72Cl.jpg
PC Setup: http://i.imgur.com/fUPqE7N.jpg
#42Bellum_SacrumPosted 10/13/2013 8:28:40 AM
Pepys Monster posted...
A game to truly push the envelope. Not these watered-down console ports.

And why the hell would anyone make such a game while an easier to make, less detailed version could make triple/quadraple profits on a console?

Kickstarter is your only hope, and I'm certain the developers of such games will be drooling for you to finance the console versions of their games.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#43xanthan1Posted 10/13/2013 8:32:24 AM
Question
Is there any reason they can't make a tech demo that's actually fun? A lot of you seem to think it's impossible for some most likely asinine reason.
#44Bellum_SacrumPosted 10/13/2013 8:48:23 AM
xanthan1 posted...
Question
Is there any reason they can't make a tech demo that's actually fun? A lot of you seem to think it's impossible for some most likely asinine reason.

Tic Tac Toe is fun too. It also lasts as much as tech demos do.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#45godplaysSNESPosted 10/13/2013 8:48:43 AM
Games like Crysis play a big part in giving PC gaming its bad reputation.
That's where the rumors about needing a 1000 USD PC come from.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#46DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/13/2013 8:58:24 AM
godplaysSNES posted...

Not really. The rumors are there because people are stupid. Crysis is the reason I WANTED a 1000 dollar pc. Crysis still played fine on medium and low settings while still looking pretty good on reasonable hardware.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#47Bellum_SacrumPosted 10/13/2013 10:02:00 AM
godplaysSNES posted...

You must not have experienced the age when playing a game on max settings at launch was nigh impossible no matter how much your PC costed.

Neverwinter Nights, Morrowind, EverQuest II...
---
#48Snight01Posted 10/13/2013 10:02:44 AM
Pepys Monster posted...

dont we have enough of unoptimized games already?
---
Worst Optimized PC Games
Diablo 3 (SSD Needed), Metro 2033. Crysis 3, Slender The Arrival, GTA4
#49xanthan1Posted 10/13/2013 10:04:10 AM
Snight01 posted...
Pepys Monster posted...

dont we have enough of unoptimized games already?

You do get a game can push what a system can do and still be optimized, right? Try actually posting things that make any sense.
#50JKatarnPosted 10/14/2013 9:59:35 AM
analogman posted...
The__Q posted...
Source 2 will amaze people with how much it offers... the flagship title L4D3 will be rediculous... turst me. I know a lot of people wanted HL3 to be the flagship launch title, but let's face it: HL2 was already smooth as can be. Anyone who has played the L4D series knows that it feels somewhat "clunky" compared to games in the HL, DoD, CS, etc series. That game is truly limited by the Source engine. Valve knows what they are doing... L4D3 will be a showcase for Source 2 on many fronts.

I am not talking only visuals, I mean L4D3 will showcase so much on a technical level it will be ridiculous. but, in terms of visuals because I think that is what OP is referring to, why do you think Valve is shipping out ridiculously strong Steam Machines for the initial launch? i7's and TITAN's? Complete overkill for anything Valve currently offers, but still not enough to max L4D3.

It is amazing... what I have seen...

go to sleep, bro.

Reminds me of e3 commentary from some random dude, or one of those gaming launch parties where they talk to various sports stars/celebrities "Man, da visuals just be tight" or "Damn them graphix are hot" etc etc etc.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES