This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How are the bioshock games on PC?

#1The_AntiGrimPosted 10/12/2013 10:16:29 AM
Hm?
---
Sidekick to the famous DarkHero
#2The_AntiGrim(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 10:16:54 AM
the first 2, to be specific.
---
#3Sergei_DukanovPosted 10/12/2013 10:18:36 AM
look great, play well, but bioshock 2 doesnt have native controller support. Had to use a lame mouse and keyboard....
---
FX8350 oc'ed 4.6ghz asrock 990fx extreme9 8gigs ddr3 antec 750W 7970 sapphire http://imgur.com/DKxtZXP http://imgur.com/I9vdXTk MOAR POWER!!!!!
#4steveboblarryPosted 10/12/2013 10:18:36 AM
They are good
---
#5Tyranius2Posted 10/12/2013 10:21:42 AM
Who plays FPSes with controllers anyways? Don't bother answering unless you want everyone to know you're a fool, just keep it a secret.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#6The_AntiGrim(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 10:22:14 AM
Sergei_Dukanov posted...
look great, play well, but bioshock 2 doesnt have native controller support. Had to use a lame mouse and keyboard....

...why would you use a controller on a FPS?

Anyways, thanks guys. Was just worried about optimization or crappy ports. Never heard anyone speak negatively of the PC versions, but I wanted to make sure.
---
#7iCuriousPosted 10/12/2013 10:24:16 AM
The first was great. The second...well I'm sure it's no worse than console. To this day I can't put my finger on the reason that I didn't enjoy Bioshock 2 (or ever finish it). Seemed so all around improved over the first, and yet I was bored out of my mind. Oh well.
---
? ? ?
#8SteamsterPosted 10/12/2013 10:24:57 AM
The_AntiGrim posted...
Sergei_Dukanov posted...

Because they're not playing it competitively online?

It's a single player campaign mode. You really don't need mouse and keyboard to deal with it. Unless of course you're remarkably bad with a controller.
#9The_AntiGrim(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 10:25:28 AM
iCurious posted...
The first was great. The second...well I'm sure it's no worse than console. To this day I can't put my finger on the reason that I didn't enjoy Bioshock 2 (or ever finish it). Seemed so all around improved over the first, and yet I was bored out of my mind. Oh well.

Not worried about story or anything. Just that is plays and runs well.
---
#10RyamusPosted 10/12/2013 10:25:52 AM
The_AntiGrim posted...
Sergei_Dukanov posted...

Anyways, thanks guys. Was just worried about optimization or crappy ports. Never heard anyone speak negatively of the PC versions, but I wanted to make sure.

I've only used a controller on FPS's and always done well. There is a problem with Bioshock 1's sound on windows 7, though.