This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How are the bioshock games on PC?

#11The_AntiGrim(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 11:26:59 AM
Ryamus posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...
Sergei_Dukanov posted...
look great, play well, but bioshock 2 doesnt have native controller support. Had to use a lame mouse and keyboard....

...why would you use a controller on a FPS?

Anyways, thanks guys. Was just worried about optimization or crappy ports. Never heard anyone speak negatively of the PC versions, but I wanted to make sure.

I've only used a controller on FPS's and always done well. There is a problem with Bioshock 1's sound on windows 7, though.

I'm on Win8. Think that'll be a problem?
---
Sidekick to the famous DarkHero
#12GoldninjaPosted 10/12/2013 11:27:51 AM
iCurious posted...
The first was great. The second...well I'm sure it's no worse than console. To this day I can't put my finger on the reason that I didn't enjoy Bioshock 2 (or ever finish it). Seemed so all around improved over the first, and yet I was bored out of my mind. Oh well.

Probably because the story wasn't nearly as good and that Rapture wasn't uncharted territory anymore.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/ptxe9sf - River City Ransom Underground Kickstarter!
#13turbovirginPosted 10/12/2013 11:29:17 AM
I had to set the FOV larger in a config file somewhere. First FPS I was legit dizzy after playing for a few minutes with the default FOV
---
Heads on straight, my girlfriend's beautiful, looks pretty good to me
#14JKatarnPosted 10/12/2013 11:33:20 AM
I've only played the first game, but I enjoyed it. I did have to enable "Stereo Mix" under recording devices to have any sound for some reason (only other title requiring this that I know of is Battlefront 2 - at least on Windows 7, without it enabled the game would crash at the loading screen), other than that, no technical issues and it's still a pretty nice looking game.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#15iCuriousPosted 10/12/2013 11:39:14 AM
The_AntiGrim posted...
Not worried about story or anything. Just that is plays and runs well.

Oh yeah, ran fine, and my computer was much worse at the time.

Goldninja posted...
Probably because the story wasn't nearly as good and that Rapture wasn't uncharted territory anymore.

Seems likely actually, yeah..
---
? ? ?
#16Sergei_DukanovPosted 10/12/2013 11:47:25 AM
Steamster posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...
Sergei_Dukanov posted...
look great, play well, but bioshock 2 doesnt have native controller support. Had to use a lame mouse and keyboard....

Because they're not playing it competitively online?

It's a single player campaign mode. You really don't need mouse and keyboard to deal with it. Unless of course you're remarkably bad with a controller.

nope, I use a controller on all my games. Except RTS. Hell, I been doing pretty good in BF3 on the pc so far.
---
FX8350 oc'ed 4.6ghz asrock 990fx extreme9 8gigs ddr3 antec 750W 7970 sapphire http://imgur.com/DKxtZXP http://imgur.com/I9vdXTk MOAR POWER!!!!!
#17clschneider1990Posted 10/12/2013 11:47:40 AM
Steamster posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...
Sergei_Dukanov posted...

Because they're not playing it competitively online?

It's a single player campaign mode. You really don't need mouse and keyboard to deal with it. Unless of course you're remarkably bad with a controller.

I play better with a controller than with a mouse and keyboard any day of the week and I love playing online. I have quicker reflexes with the controller and it feels perfect for an FPS game
---
GT:EchoesOfMercy
#18betatechPosted 10/12/2013 12:08:03 PM
I've had issues with Bioshock on W8, but I tried some fixes and so far I'm able to play it fine.
---
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.
#19EternalFlame66Posted 10/12/2013 12:43:42 PM
the first is a masterpiece, the 2nd sucks.
---
Such is your fate.
#20ZeroRaiderPosted 10/12/2013 12:48:34 PM
BioShock 2 does have controller support. But anyways,

Why do people ask this question all the time?

There is no such thing as a PC version that is inferior to the console version.

"How is 'X' game on PC?"

THE BEST EXPERIENCE YOU'RE GOING TO GET FOR 'X' GAME. END OF DISCUSSION.