This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How are the bioshock games on PC?

#31ZeroRaiderPosted 10/12/2013 6:55:45 PM
The_AntiGrim posted...
ZeroRaider posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...
ZeroRaider posted...
BioShock 2 does have controller support. But anyways,

Why do people ask this question all the time?

There is no such thing as a PC version that is inferior to the console version.

"How is 'X' game on PC?"

THE BEST EXPERIENCE YOU'RE GOING TO GET FOR 'X' GAME. END OF DISCUSSION.

Seems you've never played Saints Row 2 on PC

Actually, it seems that I have. And I've played it on the consoles. And the PC version wins, hands down.

What would I rather play: a horribly optimized game that still manages to get 50+ FPS on my PC, runs at 1080p, has anti-aliasing, better draw distances and mods...

OR

An optimized game but because it's locked to such crappy old weak hardware it runs at 720p, has no anti-aliasing, struggles to hold a framerate of 30, has a terrible draw distance and no mods.

My PC has 120x the amount of GFLOPs that a Xbox 360 has. It can power through even the most unoptimized of console ports like Saints Row 2. There is no such thing as a console port running on a PC that is inferior to the original console version. An optimized game running on a 77 GFLOPs machine vs. an unoptimized game running on a 9,000+ GFLOPs machine. It's obvious which one will win, every time.

Clearly you haven't played Saints Row 2 on PC

I'm sorry that your PC is made out of cardboard and is apparently too weak to power through Saints Row 2's horrible optimization. But yes, I do own Saints Row 2 on PC and have finished it using the Gentlemen of the Row Mod (it fixes most of the bugs).

My SLI'd GTX 780s easily chew past its poor optimization and run the game better than the console versions, without a doubt.

If you're too incompetent to look up the game on PCGamingWiki to learn how to correct its flaws then that's your problem. But don't try and claim that the PC version is somehow inferior to the console versions.
#32The_AntiGrim(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 6:58:23 PM
ZeroRaider posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...
ZeroRaider posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...
ZeroRaider posted...

"How is 'X' game on PC?"

Actually, it seems that I have. And I've played it on the consoles. And the PC version wins, hands down.

What would I rather play: a horribly optimized game that still manages to get 50+ FPS on my PC, runs at 1080p, has anti-aliasing, better draw distances and mods...

OR

An optimized game but because it's locked to such crappy old weak hardware it runs at 720p, has no anti-aliasing, struggles to hold a framerate of 30, has a terrible draw distance and no mods.

My PC has 120x the amount of GFLOPs that a Xbox 360 has. It can power through even the most unoptimized of console ports like Saints Row 2. There is no such thing as a console port running on a PC that is inferior to the original console version. An optimized game running on a 77 GFLOPs machine vs. an unoptimized game running on a 9,000+ GFLOPs machine. It's obvious which one will win, every time.

Clearly you haven't played Saints Row 2 on PC

I'm sorry that your PC is made out of cardboard and is apparently too weak to power through Saints Row 2's horrible optimization. But yes, I do own Saints Row 2 on PC and have finished it using the Gentlemen of the Row Mod (it fixes most of the bugs).

My SLI'd GTX 780s easily chew past its poor optimization and run the game better than the console versions, without a doubt.

If you're too incompetent to look up the game on PCGamingWiki to learn how to correct its flaws then that's your problem. But don't try and claim that the PC version is somehow inferior to the console versions.

The console version was far superior to the PC version.

I'm sorry that... Actually, I'm just sorry for your parents, really. That's all I feel bad about. They have my condolences.
---
Sidekick to the famous DarkHero
#33ZeroRaiderPosted 10/12/2013 7:00:00 PM
Darkcloud20 posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...
ZeroRaider posted...

"How is 'X' game on PC?"

or Resident Evil 4 or Onimusha 3 or Final Fantasy VII on any PC that wasn't from pretty much around the time of the release that had a good sound card with midi font support (or a moded version).

You mean Resident Evil 4, the game with multiple modifications that fix its problems such as a high resolution texture pack and ENB modification?
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Resident_Evil_4#Mods

And the game that can run at 1080p on PC?
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Resident_Evil_4#Widescreen_resolution

Yeah dude. That's totally inferior to the 480i SD GameCube version. NOT.

Am I the only person on this site who knows how to check the PC Gaming Wiki? I feel like everyone who complains about crappy ports and exaggerates that they are worse than the console version is too incompetent to check for fixes to their problems and/or they are running their games on integrated graphics or something.

I've never encountered a bad port that I couldn't fix to a state way better than the console version.

And doesn't FFVII have an enhanced version on Steam right now? What are you complaining about?
#34The_AntiGrim(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 7:00:07 PM
Darkcloud20 posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...
ZeroRaider posted...

"How is 'X' game on PC?"

or Resident Evil 4 or Onimusha 3 or Final Fantasy VII on any PC that wasn't from pretty much around the time of the release that had a good sound card with midi font support (or a moded version).

I wanted to throw a couple more games at him, but I didn't wanna have to create a list I'm far too lazy to make that I knew he'd ask for
---
#35ZeroRaiderPosted 10/12/2013 7:01:41 PM
The_AntiGrim posted...

I'm sorry that... Actually, I'm just sorry for your parents, really. That's all I feel bad about. They have my condolences.

Hmm, yeah, at first I thought you were just a console peasant who just got mommy and daddy to buy them Baby's First Pre-built Dell with low-end 2010 GPU... but nope.

Troll confirmed; ignore.
#36The_AntiGrim(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 7:03:06 PM
ZeroRaider posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...

Hmm, yeah, at first I thought you were just a console peasant who just got mommy and daddy to buy them Baby's First Pre-built Dell with low-end 2010 GPU... but nope.

Troll confirmed; ignore.

Are you bored or something?
---
#37KeyeszxPosted 10/12/2013 7:07:02 PM
Sergei_Dukanov posted...
look great, play well, but bioshock 2 doesnt have native controller support. Had to use a lame mouse and keyboard....

Never understood why people would purposely make their experience worst with controller.
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2
#38ZeroRaiderPosted 10/12/2013 7:10:11 PM
Keyeszx posted...
Sergei_Dukanov posted...
look great, play well, but bioshock 2 doesnt have native controller support. Had to use a lame mouse and keyboard....

Never understood why people would purposely make their experience worst with controller.

Agree; it serves no purpose for FPS. Wireless mouse/keyboard works just fine in a recliner.

I guess it's all those suckers who bought into the hype that you can't game with a wireless mouse or something. That claim is as embarrassing as the troll in this topic claiming that there are actually console versions of games which perform better than their PC counterpart.
#39Darkcloud20Posted 10/12/2013 7:19:14 PM
ZeroRaider posted...
Darkcloud20 posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...
ZeroRaider posted...

"How is 'X' game on PC?"

You mean Resident Evil 4, the game with multiple modifications that fix its problems such as a high resolution texture pack and ENB modification?
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Resident_Evil_4#Mods

And the game that can run at 1080p on PC?
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Resident_Evil_4#Widescreen_resolution

Yeah dude. That's totally inferior to the 480i SD GameCube version. NOT.

Am I the only person on this site who knows how to check the PC Gaming Wiki? I feel like everyone who complains about crappy ports and exaggerates that they are worse than the console version is too incompetent to check for fixes to their problems and/or they are running their games on integrated graphics or something.

I've never encountered a bad port that I couldn't fix to a state way better than the console version.

And doesn't FFVII have an enhanced version on Steam right now? What are you complaining about?

Since the PC version of RE4 seems to be based on the PS2 version this doesn't fix the missing lighting effects (the 1.1 patch seems claims to fix some lighnting erros but I'm not sure if that means all, also the PS2 version has a lot less geometry detail so if it is based on that....). So the Wii version on Dolphin should be much better.

And that they re-released FF VII (which also had quite some problems with cloud saves at the beginning) does not change that there was only an absolutely crappy version available for over 15 years and I'm still not sure if I prefer the moded PC version with its quite unfiting characters and sometimes mediocre reworked backgrounds to a filtered and upscaled PS1 version on EPSXE.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#40Devil_wings00Posted 10/12/2013 7:28:53 PM
Can't speak for the second but the first is a pretty bad port. Have to do quite a bit to get that one running the way it should. Check out PC gaming Wiki to see what I mean. I personally had resolution problems, BS POV, and I didn't even have audio without applying a fix. It was a horrible experience for me.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).