This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RE6 worth it?

#21pokechampionPosted 10/12/2013 1:11:42 PM
I for one, enjoyed it. Yeah, not like RE5 or RE4, or the original RE (since it's my favorite), but, I enjoyed playing Chris and Jake's campaign, don't care much for Leon's. While Ada's was a little hard, but, overall, it's a decent game. Not the BEST GAME EVAAAH, but, decent nonetheless
---
Official Firaga of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Board.
Steam Account: sephiroth_713
#22Freelance_WolfPosted 10/12/2013 1:39:35 PM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...

The melee system in RE 6 is the one thing I seriously hate and wish was excluded. It's way to easy to melee. At least in RE5, you had to shoot them in specific spots to initiate it.

I am also in the minority that enjoyed the tank controls and thought the RE 5 menu was as good as it gets for co-op/online play.

But it's fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun! Well I think so anyway.

I don't mind tank controls too. I enjoyed RE2 (and I played it recently), and RE4 uses the same controls but in a different viewpoint and I really liked that game.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#23calcyclePosted 10/12/2013 1:53:08 PM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Freelance_Wolf posted...
I actually liked 6 more than 5. At least 6 tries to be scary with Leon's campaign, unlike 5 where it's just action throughout. Jake and Chris' campaigns are definitely action-y though, and Leon's campaign is the best. I like the melee system in 6 loads more than 5 as well.

The melee system in RE 6 is the one thing I seriously hate and wish was excluded. It's way to easy to melee. At least in RE5, you had to shoot them in specific spots to initiate it.

I am also in the minority that enjoyed the tank controls and thought the RE 5 menu was as good as it gets for co-op/online play.

You don't get the full power of melee unless you shoot first just like in 5, it's just that they give you more options.

Also, 6 is around 3-4 times longer than 5 so that's always a bonus.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#24Dark_SpiretPosted 10/12/2013 1:55:14 PM
the game is really messy when it comes to design and ranges from bad to good in its setups. Visually its inconsistent with a story that takes itself way too seriously and goes on for a lot longer than it should have. If they just focused all of there resources on one campaign (even if it was pure action) then it would have turned out better than what we got. its not amazing, you can even struggle to call it merely good depending on your expectations, but it does have a few things that make it worth $10.

Despite a few iffyness with its controls and camera at times, its combat system is one of the best if seen put into a third person shooter. its characters/characterizations and VO are the best the series has seen(tho thats not saying a whole lot), its coop in general is still fun and its mercenaries is the best in the series. Youre also looking at 20-30hours in campaigns and god knows how much in the extras.

if you can look past its jank and unevenness there is a pretty fun shooter to get out of it despite its issues. Hell you can get $10 out of mercenaries alone. Just dont expect the world from it.
---
Currently playing: Grand Theft Auto 5 - Shadow Warrior(2013) - State of Decay
#25JonWood007Posted 10/12/2013 3:54:16 PM
For 5 pounds or so, it's ok I guess. Not worth a lot of money, but it's worth that.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#26kingoffps(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 2:56:19 PM
Well I finally played it. And yeah I didn't think it was very good. I put an hour in before I got so bored as to turn it off.

I tried Leon's campaign as I heard it was the best. It took about 25 minutes before gameplay actually started. Just constant QTE and SLOW walking down hallways.

Then the shooting. Shooting a zombie in the head seems to not kill it, and for some reason it can take about 2-3 shots.

Also if one gets near your it has a 90% chance of becoming a QTE battle. And it dumps you in narrow hallways full of them.

I don't feel bad for 4.99 though.
---
i7 920 @ 3.6GHz, 3.8GHz (single-thread mode), MSI X58 Platinum, 6GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950 (1100/1450), 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
#27Freelance_WolfPosted 10/13/2013 3:10:30 PM(edited)
Too bad. You didn't give it a chance, basically. The first part of Leon's campaign starts out slow, but it gets a lot better later. You probably stopped before it got interesting.

I thought Okami started off really, really slow, almost boring even. But I continued playing and it got really epic later on. I'm happy I didn't give up on it.

---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#28_Zero1_Posted 10/13/2013 3:11:16 PM
I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Capcom promised the next RE installment will be pointed back to the roots of the series, that should tell you a lot
---
i5 3570k| Radeon HD 7950| 16GB 1600mhz DDR3| Asrock Z77 Pro4| Coolmaster V8 CPU Cooler| W8| 700GB HDD
#29kingoffps(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 3:27:03 PM
Freelance_Wolf posted...
Too bad. You didn't give it a chance, basically. The first part of Leon's campaign starts out slow, but it gets a lot better later. You probably stopped before it got interesting.

I thought Okami started off really, really slow, almost boring even. But I continued playing and it got really epic later on. I'm happy I didn't give up on it.

Ok man. I'll give it another chance and carry on tomorrow. As long as your *promise* me that it really does get better, I will believe in you.
---
i7 920 @ 3.6GHz, 3.8GHz (single-thread mode), MSI X58 Platinum, 6GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950 (1100/1450), 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
#30Dark_SpiretPosted 10/13/2013 4:01:43 PM
kingoffps posted...
Well I finally played it. And yeah I didn't think it was very good. I put an hour in before I got so bored as to turn it off.

I tried Leon's campaign as I heard it was the best. It took about 25 minutes before gameplay actually started. Just constant QTE and SLOW walking down hallways.

Then the shooting. Shooting a zombie in the head seems to not kill it, and for some reason it can take about 2-3 shots.

Also if one gets near your it has a 90% chance of becoming a QTE battle. And it dumps you in narrow hallways full of them.

I don't feel bad for 4.99 though.

the first 30min or so of Leons campaign is really really slow. once you actually get out of that building it picks up. Those are not really qte's either, but a prompt to get stuff off you or activate certain things. RE4 and 5 did the same thing and made you wiggle the sticks or mash the buttons to get them off you, but didnt show them on screen most of the time. The actual cutscene QTE's can be turned off in the menu. Also you can buy a skill called Breakout that makes them faster and easier.

I also felt Leons campaign was the worst one, but thats me.

shooting zombies in the head in RE is not a guarantee kill unless you get a critical. There were a ton of moments in RE4 and 5 where shooting enemies in the head literally 3-4 times wouldnt necessarily kill them. theres a random factor to the guns and hit detections, always have been. As you upgrade your weapons and use stuff outside of the handgun those 1-2hit headshots become more common.
---
Currently playing: Grand Theft Auto 5 - Shadow Warrior(2013) - State of Decay