This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Something I would very much enjoy

#1BogePosted 10/12/2013 11:46:35 AM
I'm tired of loading a new game and having the mouse speed in game different than other games. Why can't it all be standardized?

Is there a site somewhere that has settings you can simply adjust to get the same mouse speed? It could be based on like Counterstrike or Team Fortress 2.

That way, instead of tinkering with it myself until I FINALLY get it down right, I could just go to this site, change my Fallout mouse speed to 3 blocks, and it's set!

Anything like that out there?
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#2LordSeiferPosted 10/12/2013 11:47:37 AM
interesting idea

not gonna happen though

games dont even use the same field of view as each other
---
^ this
#3Boge(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 2:05:53 PM
They should. They should all be set with a standard setting and then allow the user to adjust from there. WASD is standard now. Mouse speed and FOV should be standard as well.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#4DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/12/2013 2:44:48 PM
Boge posted...
They should. They should all be set with a standard setting and then allow the user to adjust from there. WASD is standard now. Mouse speed and FOV should be standard as well.

Agree. But before all that can we get a standardized save location? Seems like 'my games' took off for a while but its still all over the place. Makes backing them up a pain sometimes.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#5CC RicersPosted 10/12/2013 2:49:35 PM
I guess in theory something like SweetFX but for input can work and be more universal if you copy the configurations for each game. But SweetFX works because the shaders are re-compiled every time Direct3D re-initializes the screen, but I don't know if it's possible to inject settings in that manner for every game that has DirectInput.
---
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!