The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

question about your internet fees

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. question about your internet fees
2 years ago#1
what is your monthly download cap from your ISP? - Results (520 votes)
5 to 10 GB
2.31% (12 votes)
10 to 20 GB
1.35% (7 votes)
20 to 40 GB
0.58% (3 votes)
40 to 80 GB
3.08% (16 votes)
80 to 200 GB
8.65% (45 votes)
200 GB to anything higher but infinite
14.04% (73 votes)
Infinite
70% (364 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Hello everyone. I was reading on another thread and falled on comment that made me start thinking. I live in Quebec and here my ISP is capping internet usage. so for a regular 50$/month, I get 14mbps download, 2mbps upload and 80gB download/upload combined cap.

I was wondering how's your connection fees and what you guys get for your bucks.

the poll above is about your cap if you have any in download gB
2 years ago#2
50 down, 5 up, and 300 gb cap (though if you go over, for every 25gb you pay an extra 5 dollars rather than throttle the connection). I pay $45 a month.
---
i7 3770K @ 4.4 GHz | GA-Z77-D3H | Corsair H100i | 16GB HyperX Beast | ASUS GTX 770 | Intel 520 SSD | Seasonic 660x Platinum | Corsair 500r
2 years ago#3
Anyone who has an internet cap is an internet peasant.
---
Never forget.... Building #7
2 years ago#4
$50 for 12/1, no cap
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
2 years ago#5
don't think i have a reachable cap but i'm sure my ISP would get suspicious if they see me maxing out my 50/50 connection without delay for a month straight.

i wonder how much i would realistically download during all that time without interruptions.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
2 years ago#6
$40
25/2 no limit (canada).
---
AMD Phenom II X4 980@3.7ghz, 12GB RAM DDR3, 1TB HD, Geforce GTX 660ti, 21.5", Win7
Intel Core i3 2350M@2.3ghz, 4GB RAM DDR3, 320GB HD, 15.6", Win7
2 years ago#7
I'm so annoyed at the lack of no cap choices here in Quebec. Vidéotron had limitless cap of sort before, not anymore. Not unless you pay a fortune.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
2 years ago#8
$35 dollars for 50/10, I used to have a 250gb cap, but now they up to 400.

Comcast btw, I didn't even reach the 250 but whatever.

AsucaHayashi posted...
don't think i have a reachable cap but i'm sure my ISP would get suspicious if they see me maxing out my 50/50 connection without delay for a month straight.

i wonder how much i would realistically download during all that time without interruptions.

Yeah my ISP contacted me once because I went over my 250gb once because I downloaded all my Steam and Origin games into my new PC, which went over 500gb, but since I didn't download anything illegal they gave me a free pass.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
(edited by DerPancake)
2 years ago#9
10GB because **** satellite internet. It really is the worst thing I've ever experienced in my life. It's entirely a scam
---
Sidekick to the famous DarkHero
2 years ago#10
50/5

60-70 a month

California

No cap
---
Steam ID - Madmartigan
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. question about your internet fees

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived