This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resident Evil Revelations and 6 75% off

#21GoldninjaPosted 10/12/2013 5:37:53 PM
4 is better than 5. There are some issues that I have with 5 (it's shorter, many enemy retreads, item system, etc) but the funny thing is, I still enjoyed it. Not sure about 6 yet, but I'll see.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/ptxe9sf - River City Ransom Underground Kickstarter!
#22AnnihilatedPosted 10/12/2013 5:46:32 PM
So I took a look at some of the metacritic reviews to see what the buzz was. For RE6 critic reviews, there's a few positive reviews, a lot of mixed ones, and two negatives. The user reviews have a lot of positive ones, almost as many negative ones mostly from angry fanboys trying to sag down the average score, and only a few mixed reviews.

Revelations, on the other hand, had a lot of positive critic reviews, some mixed reviews and no negative ones. It also had a lot of positive user reviews, and almost as many negative reviews from angry fanboys. Aha. So the truth comes out. Even if there's a decent game hiding underneath, it will always receive poor review from a bunch of whiners who hate every game that isn't RE2. Thanks especially to ShadowThaReaper for confirming my initial stereotype about bandwagon haters.
#23saltedhamPosted 10/12/2013 6:22:06 PM
the mouse issues for revelations and deadzones did get fixed. however last time i played raid mode was a wasteland. hardly noone playing

5 was disappointing with its forced coop. no boss variety, most amounted to 1 person holding a switch while the other does the shooting. more quick time events than 4. lame story. stage selecting ruins balance.

part 4 is the high point of the series. i would get the hd verion of part 4 over any other resident evil game or the pc version of 4 (its based on the ps2 version, hd is based on gamecube/wii). and for anyone who dosent know, the guy who directed resident evil 1, remake, and 4 is making a new horror game that looks like a successor to part 4 called the evil within

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMKhoHl9BnE

for any long time fans re3> code veronica
---
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!
#24Killah PriestPosted 10/12/2013 6:43:51 PM
Fix'd

if you want to state your opinion do so on your own don't be a disrespectful piece of poop.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#25AnatomyHorrorPosted 10/12/2013 7:58:49 PM
VeiledGenesis posted...
The series died with RE4. The first 3, plus REMake and Code: Veronica, were the only acceptable games of the franchise.

Never played 0, but heard it was alright.

This. 100%. And RE4 was not that great. It didn't do a perfect mix of things like some people think. Just my opinion. RE4 was fun though.
#26ShebeskiiPosted 10/12/2013 8:05:17 PM
RPGMatt posted...
^Resident Evil 5 f***ing ruled.

*puts hand over mouth with wide eyes*
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#27ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/12/2013 8:19:46 PM
AnatomyHorror posted...
And RE4 was not that great.

Yes it was, hipster.
#28RyamusPosted 10/12/2013 10:20:33 PM
Revelations is great. I think 6 is the worst, but as you can tell, everyone has their opinions. Just go ahead and get them. This is the cheapest they've been.
#29AnatomyHorrorPosted 10/13/2013 4:07:04 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#30ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/13/2013 6:41:18 AM
AnatomyHorror posted...

Really for once you like a game....and it's RE4?? You're a pos anyway, not wastin my time.

It's one of my favorites, along side REmake. Based Shinji Mikami.