This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's this boards general opinion on Saints Row 4?

#1The_AntiGrimPosted 10/12/2013 7:52:04 PM
Personally, I think it went full ******
---
Sidekick to the famous DarkHero
#2DerPancakePosted 10/12/2013 7:52:57 PM
Fun for 1 hour, boring after that.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#3KaiRyusakiPosted 10/12/2013 7:53:41 PM
This is PCH, so they probably hate it since it's popular.

or havent played it cause it hasnt been 75% off yet
#4The_AntiGrim(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 7:54:39 PM
KaiRyusaki posted...

I hardly think it's popular. I've heard no one talk about it beyond a week after launch
---
Sidekick to the famous DarkHero
#5cody4783Posted 10/12/2013 7:59:26 PM(edited)
It's a good game, because Saint's Row 3 was a good game.

Issues I have with it are that it's basically a huge clust of things we've seen before, in one form or another. It's a lot like the Superpower level from the..I think Trouble With Clones? DLC in SR3. It's the same map with a few alien entities thrown about, and it's permanently night time until you beat the game. Mechanically it's sound, but it's really scraping at the boarder of DLC/Expansion and $50 new game---Because IT WAS A DLC originally.

As someone who put like 70-80 hours into 100%'ing (and beyond) SR3, I got kind of tired of it not too long after beating it, and didn't have much desire to totally 100% it. It's fun and all, just not really "different" enough to draw me in the same way a completely new experience would.

The new unique weapons are probably the most entertaining bit. Especially if you pre-ordered (Or bought the DLC post-release).
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#6UberLurkerPosted 10/12/2013 8:12:51 PM
To me it really felt like Saints Row 3 mixed with liberal quantities of Prototype. The jumping/gliding mechanics are pretty much lifted straight out of it, and considering how often you use them its hard to not feel the influence.

I enjoyed it for what it was and am left more or less satisfied.
#7Moorish_IdolPosted 10/12/2013 8:47:00 PM
Enjoying it more than GTA5 at the moment.
#8sonicteam2k1Posted 10/12/2013 8:51:30 PM
KaiRyusaki posted...

this
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#9gamerdude555Posted 10/12/2013 9:08:14 PM
It's an expansion sold as a full retail game
---
gamers paradise
#10AsellusPosted 10/12/2013 9:20:00 PM(edited)
It's quite good and does shore up a number of 3's weaknesses but it has a couple problems of its own.

#1: They give you super powers too early. I can't help but think the game would've benefited quite a lot by making super speed and jump among the very last powers you acquire. As it is they kind of make vehicles pointless throughout the vast majority of the game.

#2: The perpetual night lowers the amount of environmental variety and uglies up the game for no particular reason whatsoever. There's no good reason for it to be there.

#3: Even on hard mode it's still way too easy. The enemies just really can not keep up with you. They're a bit stronger than 3's but you're way way stronger than you were in 3.

It's an expansion sold as a full retail game

The game's actually around 50% longer than 3 was. It reuses 3's map, sure, but 2 did the same with 1's.