This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else not get excited about new PC hardware?

#11Jason_HudsonPosted 10/13/2013 12:18:09 PM
Generally, no. But I am rather looking forward to the R9 290X release to see the benchmarks (and price over here in the UK) because I'm looking at upgrading next year. Wanted to get a gauge on how things are.
---
Thank you for saving gaming and for giving us Steam, Gabe Newell
#12MangorushXIIIPosted 10/13/2013 12:24:41 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Loshadt posted...
I used to get excited about new hardware when games were consistently pushing the limits. Now games are stagnating, and the new consoles seem to be continuing this trend.

Those system requirements for "next gen" games also seem to be a crock of s***.

I agree, it seems like the companies are trying to push higher hardware by estimating false requirements.

And the funny part is, PC gamers were in joy when they thought the games will be optimize very well for PC because of the Xbox One and PS4 coming close as PC but as we can see, the requirement to run these new games is laughable..so much for games being optimize for PC with those insane requirements lol
#13LoshadtPosted 10/13/2013 12:36:35 PM
MangorushXIII posted...
so much for games being optimize for PC with those insane requirements lol

The actual requirements won't be nearly as steep as listed. If next gen games can run on the s***-tier hardware that MS and Sony are releasing then there's no reason to believe that they can't run better on a computer with parts made in the last five years or so.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.