This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Buy it, Rent it, f*** it: A Wolf Among Us

#1Benjamin_ButtonPosted 10/13/2013 9:04:51 AM(edited)
+a telltale game
+delivers and surpasses expectations beyond TWD
+longer length per Episode
+superb voice-acting
+dark, gritty, mature theme mixed with your favorite fantasy characters
+enhanced 'gameplay'
+noticeable improvement of texture/graphics quality from the TWD
+great story that picks up immediately
-still best with a gamepad (only applies for those who prefer kb&m)
-have to wait longer for more episodes

personal comments:
Hi PCH. I just want to say that after TWD I didn't really care to much for another Telltale game aside from the upcoming TWD Season 2. I just beat Castlevania SOTN & on a whim I purchased this game because, well, why not? Telltale has been delivering even before TWD. They can have my money. I knew minimal info concerning the game; other than fantasy/fable characters were going to be in it, i was completely clueless.

I just finished episode 1 and let me tell you something; WOW. Story-wise, im completely hooked and this is coming into it with a complete 'meh' attitude. The characters so far have been pretty memorable. Voice acting is superb. The current episode lasted at least over an hour and a half longer than TWD episode 1. The Walking Dead set a standard, and to my surprise, this exceeds it.

My only real complaint is that the next 4 episodes wont be released soon enough. It's just that good..

VERDICT: BUY IT. NAO.
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#2DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/13/2013 8:17:36 AM
Benjamin_Button posted...
My only real complaint is that the next 4 episodes wont be released soon enough.

Will wait until its completed then... Did the same with The Walking Dead. Does look interesting but I would much rather have access to the whole story arch in one go.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#3CommunismFTWPosted 10/13/2013 8:23:33 AM
DV8ingSources posted...
Benjamin_Button posted...
My only real complaint is that the next 4 episodes wont be released soon enough.

Will wait until its completed then... Did the same with The Walking Dead. Does look interesting but I would much rather have access to the whole story arch in one go.

---
There is a glory in humiliation. A throne to be claimed; a crown to wear!
http://i.imgur.com/OhZgm.jpg
#4AnatomyHorrorPosted 10/13/2013 8:45:12 AM
Not really liking A Wolf Among Us...I normally like this kind of stuff too, the fantasy setting. Way more cutscenes than TWD, much less control.
#5chrono625Posted 10/13/2013 8:46:18 AM
I'd rather wait for all episodes to come out and get it on sale than pay full price now and still have to wait for all the content.
---
http://tinyurl.com/7wjgorf - Super Bowl XXI/XXV/XLII/XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's
#6R i c kPosted 10/13/2013 8:51:55 AM
I love modernized fairy tales or fairy tale themes and I have no problems playing a good visual novel assuming the game knows how to tell a good story (I'm looking at you, Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, which I recently tried playing and it doesn't have enough gameplay to be a good game yet it doesn't have enough story to be a good VN so it ends up just being a sub-par stat boosting game with no real redeeming qualities). I watched TotalBiscuit's WTF, though, and this looks pretty good. I'll grab it when more eps are released.
---
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D
#7AnatomyHorrorPosted 10/13/2013 9:12:08 AM
Definitely wait, cuz right now it's so short it's not even worth it.
#8steveboblarryPosted 10/13/2013 9:12:46 AM
chrono625 posted...
I'd rather wait for all episodes to come out and get it on sale than pay full price now and still have to wait for all the content.

---
#9lionheart5656Posted 10/13/2013 9:15:17 AM
Not worth buying.

You don't get a deal for buying it before it's done and then you have to wait on top of it.

Might was well wait until they finish it. Might even get a sale.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#10DiviDudePosted 10/13/2013 9:29:12 AM
Never bothered with TWD because, you know, f***ing sick of zombies. Kinda interested in this since I can finally see what all the hype is all about with Telltale. But it looks like I'll be waiting for all of the releases to come out first.