This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Buy it, Rent it, f*** it: A Wolf Among Us

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Buy it, Rent it, f*** it: A Wolf Among Us
2 years ago#1
+a telltale game
+delivers and surpasses expectations beyond TWD
+longer length per Episode
+superb voice-acting
+dark, gritty, mature theme mixed with your favorite fantasy characters
+enhanced 'gameplay'
+noticeable improvement of texture/graphics quality from the TWD
+great story that picks up immediately
-still best with a gamepad (only applies for those who prefer kb&m)
-have to wait longer for more episodes

personal comments:
Hi PCH. I just want to say that after TWD I didn't really care to much for another Telltale game aside from the upcoming TWD Season 2. I just beat Castlevania SOTN & on a whim I purchased this game because, well, why not? Telltale has been delivering even before TWD. They can have my money. I knew minimal info concerning the game; other than fantasy/fable characters were going to be in it, i was completely clueless.

I just finished episode 1 and let me tell you something; WOW. Story-wise, im completely hooked and this is coming into it with a complete 'meh' attitude. The characters so far have been pretty memorable. Voice acting is superb. The current episode lasted at least over an hour and a half longer than TWD episode 1. The Walking Dead set a standard, and to my surprise, this exceeds it.

My only real complaint is that the next 4 episodes wont be released soon enough. It's just that good..

VERDICT: BUY IT. NAO.
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
2 years ago#2
Benjamin_Button posted...
My only real complaint is that the next 4 episodes wont be released soon enough.

Will wait until its completed then... Did the same with The Walking Dead. Does look interesting but I would much rather have access to the whole story arch in one go.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
2 years ago#3
DV8ingSources posted...
Benjamin_Button posted...
My only real complaint is that the next 4 episodes wont be released soon enough.

Will wait until its completed then... Did the same with The Walking Dead. Does look interesting but I would much rather have access to the whole story arch in one go.

---
There is a glory in humiliation. A throne to be claimed; a crown to wear!
http://i.imgur.com/OhZgm.jpg
2 years ago#4
Not really liking A Wolf Among Us...I normally like this kind of stuff too, the fantasy setting. Way more cutscenes than TWD, much less control.
2 years ago#5
I'd rather wait for all episodes to come out and get it on sale than pay full price now and still have to wait for all the content.
---
http://tinyurl.com/7wjgorf - Super Bowl XXI/XXV/XLII/XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's
2 years ago#6
I love modernized fairy tales or fairy tale themes and I have no problems playing a good visual novel assuming the game knows how to tell a good story (I'm looking at you, Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, which I recently tried playing and it doesn't have enough gameplay to be a good game yet it doesn't have enough story to be a good VN so it ends up just being a sub-par stat boosting game with no real redeeming qualities). I watched TotalBiscuit's WTF, though, and this looks pretty good. I'll grab it when more eps are released.
---
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D
2 years ago#7
Definitely wait, cuz right now it's so short it's not even worth it.
2 years ago#8
chrono625 posted...
I'd rather wait for all episodes to come out and get it on sale than pay full price now and still have to wait for all the content.

---
2 years ago#9
Not worth buying.

You don't get a deal for buying it before it's done and then you have to wait on top of it.

Might was well wait until they finish it. Might even get a sale.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
2 years ago#10
Never bothered with TWD because, you know, f***ing sick of zombies. Kinda interested in this since I can finally see what all the hype is all about with Telltale. But it looks like I'll be waiting for all of the releases to come out first.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Buy it, Rent it, f*** it: A Wolf Among Us

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived