This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When you see a review, what is the lowest score you'll accept and still play?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. When you see a review, what is the lowest score you'll accept and still play?
2 years ago#21
No wonder there are so many bad games. Developers can get away with it because they know that most people will still pay for a 5/10.
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
2 years ago#22
Indifferent, one of my favorite games of all time is Runescape.
--- - Popularity =/= Quality. - Opinions =/= Truth.
2 years ago#23
I don't care what someone else thinks of a game. I try it myself and make up my own mind.
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
2 years ago#24
consdiering how review scores are bought and the good games get average scores, the scores don't really matter, cause the 1-6's can be amazing games and the 9-10's are trash and cod games who just pump money into poor mechanics.
2 years ago#25
8, sometimes I will let a 7 pass by.
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
2 years ago#26
Boge posted...
sirtonne posted...
They make no difference to me.

Really? So if everyone you ever talked to about a game said that game was horrible, 1/10 quality, you'd still consider playing it?

I don't look at reviews. I have a mind of my own and my own tastes and opinions.
When I'm Miqo'te
2 years ago#27
I never let review scores dictate my gaming choices. They're so often amiss, not critical enough when they should have been, or glossing over very awesome features and delivering a low score. As an example, the game 4x4 Evolution 2 was critically panned, but it was an excellent game.
2 years ago#28
sirtonne posted...
They make no difference to me.

I entered this topic to post this exactly.

Review scores are f***ing stupid and should be banished from the system. Honestly, I'd sooner take a 6/10 review--AND READ THROUGH IT TO SEE WHY THEY CRITISIZED THE GAME---, and then maybe buy the game because it was actually decent, and I can overlook the issues that gave it a "6/10" rating....than I would see a 8-10/10 and thing "OMG THIS GAME MUST BE AMAZING--TAKE ALL MY MONEY".

F*** numerical rating systems they are all stupid.

To list two videos. TotalBiscuit also did one similar, but it was awhile ago and I can't track it down now.
2 years ago#29
Boge posted...
So, you're interested in a game. You see a review, or a collection of reviews with an average score of ??? What is the lowest review score that you'll still accept and consider playing the game?

Like for me, anything under an 8 is an automatic waste of my time. I won't bother. So for me, I voted 8.

Approximately 6, since we're talking average.

6 is the land of the game that's either a generic rehash with no redeeming qualities, or a diamond in the rough, with that rough including being unfinished content, game play breaking bugs, or other issues.

Gothic 3 (admittedly broken at launch)
Shank (I don't get the hate... I thought it was awesome)
Dreamfall: TLJ (Beat it. That says a lot for an adventure game)
Jet Li: Rise to Honor (That analog combat system rocked)
Two Worlds (Broken. Before the US release, it was released in other countries with a completely broken weapon upgrading system. I acquired the game before release)
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 || GTX 660 Ti || HP w2408h
2 years ago#30
A long time ago I bought a PS2 game called Drakan: The Ancient Gates.

I loved it.

A couple of months later I read a review in EGM, that gave it a 3.5/10, and said there was no dragon in the game.

That's the day I realized that "professional" reviews were nothing but crap.
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. When you see a review, what is the lowest score you'll accept and still play?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived