This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What game genre can you just not enjoy no matter how good the game is?

#201bigarsebits1Posted 10/14/2013 4:33:38 PM
I just can't get into Fighters. Not bad at them, just don't like them. I get a wee bored when playing, and sometimes it's punctuated with a sense of melancholy, due to the repetition. I did like Mortal Kombat and BlazeBlue for the Vita, and I did like Street Fighter II back in the 90s, but I just don't get the fun out of them like others do..
---
"Facere Non Dicere"
#202MegaDuzeraPosted 10/14/2013 5:53:50 PM
zman133 posted...
Horror games.

They're supposed to instill fear, but they just don't do anything for me. I don't watch horror movies for the same reason.

This
#203Maynard_JKPosted 10/14/2013 5:54:31 PM
strife14467 posted...
Boge posted...
I cannot get into first person shooters no matter what. The highest rated first person shooters, I might rate them a 7/10. I just cannot find them entertaining at all these days. I used to love them, Wolfenstien 3D, Doom, Dark Forces, Outlaws. Nowadays, they just all seem the same. Just follow the waypoint and kill anything that moves.

I feel the same way. I used to really love playing the older FPS games, like Doom for PS1 for example, but now I just can't stand the genre and I can't even enjoy the older games anymore. I tried playing Doom recently but I got bored really quick. With that game it's basically shoot the enemies, hit some switches, and find the keys, and no matter how different the level layouts are you're pretty much doing the same thing every level.

The only games listed as a FPS that I enjoy are the Metroid Prime games, but I don't even feel like I'm playing a FPS when I play those. When I play those I feel like I'm playing a Metroid game that is set in a 3D world and uses a first person view.

Doesn't that apply to every game ever? You failed when you mentioned that you played Doom on PS1.
---
I was right in the middle of a ****ing reptile zoo. And somebody was giving booze to these goddamn things! It won't be long before they tear us to shreds!
#204King of CatsPosted 10/14/2013 9:37:02 PM
Oh, derp, this was about genres, not specific games.
Uh, sports, sim, rts?
---
This world is made of...
LOVE AND PEACE!
#205SienrurouniPosted 10/14/2013 10:50:32 PM
RTS's. I used to like them okay, although they were never really my thing, but more recently I just can't do them at all. It makes the Total War series very odd for me as I adore everything except the combat.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#206SienrurouniPosted 10/14/2013 11:00:21 PM
Fair point, I also hate horror games. They can sometimes scare me fine, but while boring the hell out of me.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#207singhellotakuPosted 10/15/2013 5:05:23 AM
Panner posted...
Football games as in Fifa and Pro Evo.

you mean SOCCER, football is the good one
#208schadowPosted 10/15/2013 5:21:15 AM
singhellotaku posted...
Panner posted...

silly murican.
---
MageofBlood391 posted...
GameFAQs: Because if all else fails, you can always argue semantics.
#209MarceloSampaioPosted 10/15/2013 6:09:07 AM(edited)
singhellotaku posted...
Panner posted...

Ok: couple of countries calls it soccer. The rest of the world calls it Football.

So Fifa is a Football game.

Oh, and remember: American Football is actively played in only TWO or so countries. The rest of the world usually ignores it completely, or plays it in a non-serious friendly way only.
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#210crawdadPosted 10/15/2013 6:15:58 AM
GeminiX7 posted...
Sports games - The only sports I really enjoy(soccer, football, and skateboarding) I'd rather just do IRL. I did like the first few Tony Hawk Games, but as far as traditional sports games go, I don't like them unless they are super-arcadey (NBA Jam for SNES, NFL Blitz for 64)

RTS - as much as I really, REALLY, want to like them, I just can't ever get into them. Yes, I admit I suck at them, but it goes beyond that. The idea of the genre really appeals to me, but I just can't really enjoy the playstyle. On the other hand, TBS (Turn-Based Strategies) and SRPG are some of my favorite games.

Racing Games - Same as sports games, the only racing games I enjoy are non-realistic ones. Burnout(almost solely for the crashes), Mario Kart, etc. I will say racing in GTA: O is extremely fun, but thats because it's a sidegame to the main game, and can be done at my leisure.

You sir, are my exact double.
---
Spit in the face of life and have a good day out of sheer f****** spite!
GT:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad