This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I game on a laptop, it's not as bad as you guys make it out to be...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I game on a laptop, it's not as bad as you guys make it out to be...

User Info: harcoreblazer

harcoreblazer
3 years ago#1
I've played Saints Row 3, Civilization V, WoW, Dota 2, Outlast, both Amnesia games, Anomaly: Warzone Earth, and i don't have any problems (I always play with the charger connected though).
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be

User Info: harcoreblazer

harcoreblazer
3 years ago#2
Oh, and Team Fortress 2.
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
3 years ago#3
No one said you can not game on a laptop. There are plenty of laptops available that have pretty good performance.

The critique you find here on "gaming laptops" revolves around them not being upgrade-able, them being very expensive, and them usually being so large and heavy that they are in many ways inferior to cheaper solutions for an everyday laptop.

They are a niche product, because for the cost of a high end gaming laptop you can build a PC and buy a cheaper laptop and be better off. Unless you actually need a portable gaming device that you can use in different locations. That does happen, I owned one myself when I used to live in dorms. Both because of limited space and because I traveled a lot. But unless necessary, they are a subpar solution.
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H

User Info: pronouncemyname

pronouncemyname
3 years ago#4
A laptop has been my only PC the past 18 months. I've yet to play a game it can't run, but with a 560m as my graphics card that'll likely end next year.

I plan on making a desktop my next PC though.

User Info: greenyoshi46

greenyoshi46
3 years ago#5
My laptop runs minecraft on the lowest settings at 15fps ^^
Travis Touchdown WILL be in SSB4. You heard it here first!

User Info: Sir_Burpalot21

Sir_Burpalot21
3 years ago#6
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
No one said you can not game on a laptop. There are plenty of laptops available that have pretty good performance.

The critique you find here on "gaming laptops" revolves around them not being upgrade-able, them being very expensive, and them usually being so large and heavy that they are in many ways inferior to cheaper solutions for an everyday laptop.

They are a niche product, because for the cost of a high end gaming laptop you can build a PC and buy a cheaper laptop and be better off. Unless you actually need a portable gaming device that you can use in different locations. That does happen, I owned one myself when I used to live in dorms. Both because of limited space and because I traveled a lot. But unless necessary, they are a subpar solution.

Exactly. I used a high performance laptop in college, but that thing wasn't very portable for a laptop.
Now I have my gaming PC for all my high performance needs and a tablet for all of my on-the go needs. I also have a portable Logitech Bluetooth keyboard for those occasions when I plan to type a lot when I'm out.
If my needs change I'll probably see about getting a new laptop, but for now my tablet fulfills that niche.
"Jack Tretton, chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment America, says he is pleased to see so many unsold PS3s sitting on shelves." -IGN

User Info: snkboi

snkboi
3 years ago#7
pronouncemyname posted...
A laptop has been my only PC the past 18 months. I've yet to play a game it can't run, but with a 560m as my graphics card that'll likely end next year.

metro last light 1080p ultra graphics
crysis 3 1080p ultra graphics
battlefield 4 1080p ultra graphics

stop lying to yourself
i think it's nice

User Info: rusty12000

rusty12000
3 years ago#8
My laptop plays games fairly well, doesn't have the power or airflow of my desktop though.
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM

User Info: Boge

Boge
3 years ago#9
My brothers have been gaming on a laptop for like 5 years or so, the same system. I know it's on a 9800gtx I think. They don't seem to mind too much, and only have found a couple of games that are not fun to play on it.
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.

User Info: StormKMD

StormKMD
3 years ago#10
snkboi posted...
pronouncemyname posted...

metro last light 1080p ultra graphics
crysis 3 1080p ultra graphics
battlefield 4 1080p ultra graphics

stop lying to yourself

"I've yet to play a game it can't run" doesn't mean he owns those games, nor does it mean he has 1080p. He didn't even say anything about graphics or performance either...
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I game on a laptop, it's not as bad as you guys make it out to be...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived