This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When I plug a PS3 controller into my PC nothing happens.

#1TheIntangibleFatManPosted 10/13/2013 3:13:17 PM
I've been using Motioninjoy with my PS3 controller for years without issue, as recently as this morning. This afternoon, however, when I plugged in a controller literally nothing happened. The lights don't come on to indicate it is charging, Motioninjoy can't see it, and Windows doesn't have any indication that it is plugged in. Changing USB ports or cords doesn't help. Using a different controller doesn't help. The USB port works fine with other USB items. The controller works fine when plugged into a different computer.

I've tried reinstalling Motioninjoy, disabling USB "selective suspend", and restarting the computer. Any ideas?
---
why wasn't SOPA passed?
i wish it had so that this board wouldn't exist - PrinceOfFallout
#2harcoreblazerPosted 10/13/2013 3:20:50 PM
Wait for the Dualshock 4, they confirmed you can use it on the PC.
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be
#3IzicialPosted 10/13/2013 3:43:04 PM
You have to go to driver managers tab in motion joy while the controller is plugged in.

Then check the box for your controller and load the driver.

If it doesn't work after that then try running as an admin.
#4Mudkipz6255Posted 10/13/2013 4:28:54 PM
Izicial posted...
You have to go to driver managers tab in motion joy while the controller is plugged in.

Then check the box for your controller and load the driver.
#5DerPancakePosted 10/13/2013 4:31:10 PM
The Chinese hacker already has your info, motionjoy is now useless since he already has what he wanted. Good job.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#6DaedalusExPosted 10/13/2013 5:09:18 PM
Izicial posted...

Motioninjoy is dead, stop perpetuating that garbage. This is what you want TC: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller?page=2
#7TheIntangibleFatMan(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 5:32:15 PM
Literally nothing happens when the controller is plugged in - no lights on the controller, no acknowledgement that anything at all is plugged in by Windows. Everything works fine once the controller recognizes that it is plugged in.

I fiddled around a bit more and by both removing one USB extension cable and plugging into a different USB port I was able to get the controller to work again. My guess is that the computer is for some reason no longer sending enough power across the cable to trigger the controller to wake up and start charging, but I don't know why or how to fix it.
---
why wasn't SOPA passed?
i wish it had so that this board wouldn't exist - PrinceOfFallout