This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I only own a desk and a chair... What's the cost for everything else?

#1SpringerPosted 10/13/2013 5:17:40 PM
What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc. If you need a Workstation, be specific on the programs you'll be using. Try to list as many games/applications that you'll be using as you can, as well as your performance goals for those programs.

-I am going to be playing Battlefield 4. I would like to do so at medium settings, 60 fps, 1080p.

What is your maximum preferred budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?

I am trying to see what it will cost for me to get everything. I'm looking for just a ballpark figure. Not only do I need a tower, but I need everything else, including a montior, OS, router, surge protector, mouse, keyboard, headset, speakers, a printer/scanner/copier, the necessary cables to connect everything, and anything else that I might be missing.

When do you plan on building/buying the PC? (note: if you're planning on buying more than 2 weeks from now, it's very much recommended you wait and come back then, to ensure you get the most recent and accurate price data)

I am looking to start shopping around Black Friday, but I am so excited that I am looking to get a ballpark figure sooner.

What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? "Everything" is not specific enough. Tower, Operating System, peripherals like the keyboard, mouse, and monitor(s), wifi adapter, speakers/headphones, etc. are all relevant.

I need a tower, Windows 8, 24-27" monitor that is 1080p capable, a dual band router (i need to receive a wifi on my tower), speakers, gaming headset, webcam, 3 in 1 printer, mouse with left and right click plus ~6 buttons, surge protector, cables to connect everything properly. I would like my build to be tool-free and easy to clean since I have a dog and my house gets very dusty and hairy. The printer is to print photos. I do not need a very large HDD because I do not save large files often. One exception would be Battlefield 4.

Which country will you be purchasing the parts in? If you're in the US, are you near a Microcenter store?

US. I have an Amazon credit card and I would also be willing to purchase on credit from Newegg. I do want to spend as much on my Amazon credit card as possible for reward points. There are no Microcenters anywhere near me.

If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model. If you have a monitor, list the size/resolution.

No reused parts.

Will you be overclocking? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line? CPU and/or GPU?

I will overclock if it is necessary. I am mostly trying to get a ballpark figure on the costs so I am not certain.

If there's any specific features you want/need from the rig, please list them. Examples might include rear and/or front-panel USB 3.0, a RAID setup, etc.

Tool-free installation and easy to clean because of dust and hair. A high-quality monitor (not sure what that means) because I would care more about a nice picture than a cheap monitor.

Do you have any specific case/tower preferences such as a window or LEDs, or do you have a preference for low-noise components?

I have a preference both to low-noise components and energy efficiency.

Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS?

I will be purchasing Windows 8 for students.

Extra info or specifics:

I am seeing if this can be done for $1500. I feel that it can be done but I want a ballpark figure on the things I need. I will also say that if there is something I neglected that you think I will need, please let me know. Right now, all I have is an ISP, a desk, and a chair.
---
**** taco bell
**** Matt Kenseth
#2BogePosted 10/13/2013 5:19:06 PM
A desk and chair is a requirement for PC gaming?? Huh, not sure how I've managed for the past 20 years without those.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#3Last Grand MageX2Posted 10/13/2013 5:23:23 PM
How good of a printer are you talking about? 1500 dollars can build a pretty decent gaming PC, even if you need everything for it, but if you're trying to get a good photo printer, that might end up being a pretty good chunk of change.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#4TimePharaohPosted 10/13/2013 5:24:07 PM
Boge posted...
A desk and chair is a requirement for PC gaming?? Huh, not sure how I've managed for the past 20 years without those.

Floor/Rug Super Master Race
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#5Springer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 5:25:34 PM
How good of a printer are you talking about? 1500 dollars can build a pretty decent gaming PC, even if you need everything for it, but if you're trying to get a good photo printer, that might end up being a pretty good chunk of change.

Good enough so that my wife can print photos without breaking the bank. She knows nothing of technology but she would expect a nice at-home photograph.
---
**** taco bell
**** Matt Kenseth
#62Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 10/13/2013 5:30:24 PM
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Oset

Here's a start. There are things I didn't include because I don't know enough about them to make a recommendation like the router or printer but that's a good start.
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
#7Springer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 5:36:27 PM

Here's a start. There are things I didn't include because I don't know enough about them to make a recommendation like the router or printer but that's a good start.

Is there anyway I can save this? This is a great start for me.

My only question is will this perform much better than my anticipation of 1080p for Battlefield 4 on medium settings?

I am VERY willing to make my build worse to save money and put that $ towards the printer.
---
**** taco bell
**** Matt Kenseth
#8BogePosted 10/13/2013 5:39:25 PM
Do you have electricity? Gotta make sure you have that.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#9Springer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 5:42:43 PM
At this moment, I do have electricity, an ISP, a desk and a chair. I don't think I have anything else.
---
**** taco bell
**** Matt Kenseth
#102Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 10/13/2013 5:50:50 PM
Springer posted...

Is there anyway I can save this? This is a great start for me.

My only question is will this perform much better than my anticipation of 1080p for Battlefield 4 on medium settings?

I am VERY willing to make my build worse to save money and put that $ towards the printer.

To save click save as on the top right

Not sure about performance since I don't think there are real benchmarks for the release game yet but I would think it could do it on high/very high with some things turned down since I have a similar build and can max BF3 with AA. If you want to save money try this

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1OsLc

Shouldn't hurt the performance by too much
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542