This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Someone with diablo 2 go and check how active the online is

#11ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/13/2013 6:18:14 PM
GwynsSonSolaire posted...
I guess 10k players is adequete.

That would put it at number #11 on Steam's top played games right now. I'd say that's more than adequate for such an old game.
#12GwynsSonSolaire(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 6:31:07 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
I guess 10k players is adequete.

That would put it at number #11 on Steam's top played games right now. I'd say that's more than adequate for such an old game.

is that the game and the expansion?
---
GwynsSonSolaire Topic
#13ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/13/2013 6:33:50 PM
Yeah, Lord of Destruction.
#14GwynsSonSolaire(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 6:38:17 PM
Yeah, Lord of Destruction.

Should i buy both at the same time or what?

Like if i have LoD does it change the vanilla game?
---
GwynsSonSolaire Topic
#15ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/13/2013 7:07:29 PM
Should i buy both at the same time or what?

Like if i have LoD does it change the vanilla game?

Yes, you should buy both. You can buy them from battle.net.
#16swatkiller546Posted 10/13/2013 7:13:33 PM
MangorushXIII posted...
MangorushXIII posted...
just get yourself a console if you haven't and get Diablo III on 360 or PS3

Why the hell would anyone ever do that? Do you love throwing your money away on crappy games?

Because it's not crap compared to the PC version, that's why.

this man or woman speaks the truth, D3 is better unless you like playing D2 by yourself or better yet with bots nagging you to buy something on their website.
---
FC: 4768-7796-9687
#17NingishzidaPosted 10/13/2013 7:35:25 PM
Median XL Ultimatum

/topic
#18CatToyPosted 10/13/2013 7:56:41 PM(edited)
If you have not played Diablo 2 before, your online experience won't be great. Long gone are the days of anyone actually taking their time through the game. Everyone just rushes to Hell and high levels to play new builds and farm.

Not to mention the insane number of bots that either farm items or grind levels for players. I guarantee a huge portion of that 11k players aren't actually players.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#19NingishzidaPosted 10/15/2013 9:59:17 PM
CatToy posted...
I guarantee a huge portion of that 11k players aren't actually players.

there's good and bad to that, the bots are extremely efficient and you can leech from them for 100s of Baalruns.

they also neglect to pick up uniques and rares at times, probably because they already have them. and after each Chaos-Baalrun they dump 100s of thousands of gold on the ground.

I have been the only human player for 100s of Baalruns, and the rewards from leeching were epic (XP, gold and item-wise).

also, most ppl now play private games to avoid the spam.

so basically you must be new to Diablo 2, or you're just disliked, if you haven't made any human friends to run with in 10 years.
#20NingishzidaPosted 10/15/2013 10:10:12 PM(edited)
Lastly, most people who still play Diablo 2 are absolute experts, only Hell matters.

And master race players don't even play vanilla, they play Median XL Ultimatum which isn't hosted by Blizzard.