This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is The Testament of Sherlock Holmes worth $6?

#1georgethecow4Posted 10/13/2013 8:19:51 PM
From Humble Bundle. I've looked at some reviews at it definitely seems like it, but I personally think "professional" reviews mean nothing against the word of normal gamers. What do you all think? Also, is there anything else in the Bundle that's really worth the money?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
3DS FC: 3136-6598-7067 Name: Andrew
#2DerPancakePosted 10/13/2013 8:24:09 PM
georgethecow4 posted...
From Humble Bundle. I've looked at some reviews at it definitely seems like it, but I personally think "professional" reviews mean nothing against the word of normal gamers. What do you all think? Also, is there anything else in the Bundle that's really worth the money?

Oh you mean the normal gamers who give Call of Duty a score of 0 before the game even comes out?
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#3Treason686Posted 10/13/2013 8:37:23 PM
georgethecow4 posted...

That's pretty cynical.

I can't speak for Sherlock Holmes, as I didn't pay $6. I already have a massive backlog of adventure games from the TellTale bundle. I wanted to get it, but I'm on a tight budget and I know I won't get around to playing it any time soon.

Among the rest of the games, yes, there are some good games in there.

If you enjoy turn based games, Blood Bowl is fun. I haven't played much, but I would stick it in the genre of a game like Final Fantasy Tactics. It's the reason I got the bundle.

Divinity 2 is definitely worth it if you like action RPGs. I'm pretty sure I now own it twice.

Cities XL Platinum is simlar to SimCity, and I really enjoy city building games. However, unless it has significantly more content than plain old Cities XL, it's not worth it. Cities XL was extremely disappointing with its lack of depth, and I felt ripped off even though I'm sure I picked it up for dirt cheap during a Steam sale.

The last two games you get for $1 I know nothing about. RAW looks like a generic Diablo clone. Might be fun, but I'm not rushing to play.

Confrontation might have the most ambiguous trailer and screenshots I've ever seen. I have absolutely no idea how it actually plays, but I am feeling like it's similar to Dragon Age.
---
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 || GTX 660 Ti || HP w2408h
#4georgethecow4(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 8:41:19 PM
Treason686 posted...
georgethecow4 posted...

That's pretty cynical.

I can't speak for Sherlock Holmes, as I didn't pay $6. I already have a massive backlog of adventure games from the TellTale bundle. I wanted to get it, but I'm on a tight budget and I know I won't get around to playing it any time soon.

Among the rest of the games, yes, there are some good games in there.

If you enjoy turn based games, Blood Bowl is fun. I haven't played much, but I would stick it in the genre of a game like Final Fantasy Tactics. It's the reason I got the bundle.

Divinity 2 is definitely worth it if you like action RPGs. I'm pretty sure I now own it twice.

Cities XL Platinum is simlar to SimCity, and I really enjoy city building games. However, unless it has significantly more content than plain old Cities XL, it's not worth it. Cities XL was extremely disappointing with its lack of depth, and I felt ripped off even though I'm sure I picked it up for dirt cheap during a Steam sale.

The last two games you get for $1 I know nothing about. RAW looks like a generic Diablo clone. Might be fun, but I'm not rushing to play.

Confrontation might have the most ambiguous trailer and screenshots I've ever seen. I have absolutely no idea how it actually plays, but I am feeling like it's similar to Dragon Age.

Haha, I didn't mean to come off cynical, I've just had enough experiences where the professionals said something weird (most recent examples include calling the new Pokemon out on being "too much like Pokemon" but giving high scores to all FPS games, and calling The Wonderful 101 "too hard to be enjoyable") so I more or less just stick to gamers who aren't getting paid. That said, thanks a lot! I think I may go ahead and pick it up, surely it can't be so bad as to not be worth $6!
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
3DS FC: 3136-6598-7067 Name: Andrew
#5kobalobasileusPosted 10/14/2013 12:06:59 AM
If you only want that one game, $6 is a decent price since it's regularly $30. But you're looking at it as part of a bundle that includes even more stuff for that $6.

I have no idea about the quality of the game, but it's published by Focus Home, which is not a good sign. And it's a licensed game, which is another not-good sign. But if you like Sherlock Holmes and adventure games, why worry about spending $6 on something that you might really enjoy?