This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well, I tried to give AMD a chance.

#21mess98Posted 10/13/2013 11:43:38 PM
Orestes417 posted...
I dunno, I was pretty thoroughly unimpressed by Intel's pushpin crap

The pushpin thing is kind of lame...
but the fans are silent and actually do something.
---
Windows 8.Core i7 4770.Geforce GTX 660 Ti.8GB Ram.
#22ARMs7777Posted 10/14/2013 12:01:36 AM(edited)
Stock coolers are fine with any CPU. My first PC i built from 2005 was running on stock cooler from AMD until I built another computer in 2011. The chip from back then was running hotter than my 2011 PC and it still came with the same cooler.

After market coolers run really quiet but its kind of pointless since my ASUS 6850 DirectCU card is so damn loud compared to it day one. I think the fan from my ASUS card and the stock fan's are about the same when it comes to noise level.
#23JustPlainEvilPosted 10/14/2013 12:01:57 AM
HarryMaySin posted...
Today i went and purchased a new motherboard along with an AMD FX 8350 in hopes of bumping my gaming performance.

Drove 60 miles to buy this stuff from microcenter (also bought a hard drive that was dead on arrival lol)

Anyways, got back home... installed everything.... booted up my pc and what happens?

WHOOOSHHHHHHHHHH BRSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The cpu sounds like a miniature vacuum cleaner.... seriously no computer should sound this loud EVER no matter what circumstances... did AMD even bother to test their fans before shipping this out?????!?!?!?

You would think that with that insane amount of blowing going on in there the CPU would at least be chill but it was idling above 40 degrees celsius!!!

I tried messing around with the tweaking utility and the bios on my motherboard. Turned fan control down to level 1/10 and its still pretty loud... I thought ok this is still kind of loud but tolerable.

Booted up WoW and after 10 seconds i hear the CPU revving back up.... until eventually the CPU fan is louder than the game itself!

-So this is supposed to be a "value CPU" because it is 20 dollars less than its intel counter-part.

But, I'm pretty sure the intel counter-part doesnt have such a garbage fan and therefore you actually save 20-40 bucks just by going with the intel chip, lol.

I have left them an e-mail asking if I could return these parts tomorrow for an intel cpu/mobo.

I have used AMD and Intel in the past. overall, I've been upset with AMD TWICE now and intel always pleases.

Perhaps I just got a defective unit (because WOW SERIOUSLY GUYS.. it is LOUD enough to make you angry...you can hear it over a tv in the same room, you can hear it in another room with doors closed.) but regardless... if they let me trade it in for intel i WILL.

I am so bummed, it just blows my mind how such a large and successful company can do this to their customers.

-Hey guys come buy our amazing processors!
-They are great price/performance wise!
-Only setback is we had to use miniature leaf blowers to cool them off because..... well we really dont know why we could have spent 5 more dollars making it sound reasonalbe BUT BUY OUR STUFF ANYWAYS!

2/10

go troll somewhere else.
---
Touhou/MLP/Animu/Gaming Fan. PSN: MortaLPortaL SteamID:MortaLPortaL_
FX 6300(4.2ghz), Sapphire 7950, 8GB Gskill, M5A99X EVO R2, Corsair TX650, W8.
#24fuzzymanPosted 10/14/2013 12:13:41 AM
guy uses stock cooler

guy buys overclocked CPU

guy complains
---
http://i.imgur.com/hOjV6w3.jpg
#25KamenRiderBladePosted 10/14/2013 12:16:01 AM
If you've actually built computers for many years, you should NEVER EVER use a stock cooler.

They are garbage no matter who makes them.

Always get a 3rd party cooler that you've seen the test results of online.

You'll always be happier because of that.

I don't even know why you would ever touch a stock cooler, the moment you get your hands on one, it should be going straight into the trash.
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#26DerPancakePosted 10/14/2013 12:30:46 AM
KamenRiderBlade posted...
If you've actually built computers for many years, you should NEVER EVER use a stock cooler.

They are garbage no matter who makes them.

Always get a 3rd party cooler that you've seen the test results of online.

You'll always be happier because of that.

I don't even know why you would ever touch a stock cooler, the moment you get your hands on one, it should be going straight into the trash.

There is nothing wrong with the Intel stock heatsink.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#27ein311Posted 10/14/2013 12:32:37 AM
lmfao
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#28sonicteam2k1Posted 10/14/2013 3:57:35 AM
nah TC screwed up for driving 60 miles and wasting gas. I would have just had everything shipped. I have a AMD card and it's been nothing but fine for me.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#29xKynOxPosted 10/14/2013 4:36:04 AM
Sure you haven't made a silly schoolboy error? did you overdo/underdo the paste?,is the sink fitted properly?,Is your case good enough(air flow)?,are you overclocking with a stock sink?
#30TropicMoon10Posted 10/14/2013 4:38:19 AM
I'm using a Phenom II with a stock cooler and the thing is quiet as can be.

Also I agree that stock coolers shouldn't be used for gaming, but it can be good enough. I get 72C under really heavy load, which is about 10 degrees under the tj. max
---
-TropicMoon - as humid as a summer's day on triton
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg