This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well, I tried to give AMD a chance.

#31GhettoLogisticsPosted 10/14/2013 4:47:54 AM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
nah TC screwed up for driving 60 miles and wasting gas. I would have just had everything shipped. I have a AMD card and it's been nothing but fine for me.

Except at Microcenter you basically get a processor for cheaper than you can find it anywhere else, and they throw in a free motherboard (with some bundles). An FX-6300 with a basic micro-ATX mobo is $109. You can't beat that value, definitely not shipped.

TC screwed up by not knowing anything about what he's purchasing and setting expectations for. You want a gaming PC, you better upgrade the cooler. You could've also installed it incorrectly, or have crappy airflow, or live in a place with a hot ambient temperature.

For perspective, I cooled an FX-6300 PASSIVELY with a Thermaltake Frio CPU cooler. No CPU fans. It never went above 70C, which is pretty impressive for being 100% silent. The key is airflow, which you apparently have none of and would like to blame AMD for that.
#32cory1225Posted 10/14/2013 5:03:27 AM
I have an 8350 with a 212 evo cooler and it's really quiet.
---
gt= Pink BluRR Steam i_Am_Krazyshot
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2812176186
#33ChocobonerPosted 10/14/2013 5:34:38 AM
Gotta be trolling...did you not look into any reviews whatsoever? Why would you buy something that underperforms your last CPU? Every review, ever usually says something about the stock cooler did you expect your stock cooler to be any different? I got an 8320 paired with my gtx 760 tf 2gb works beautifully maxing every game I've thrown at it at from heavily modded skyrim, to bl2, to battlefield 4 1080p but yes the fan is loud, very loud everyone knows it, 10 minutes into researching the cpu would tell you that so why expect any different
#34ShubPosted 10/14/2013 5:57:00 AM
HarryMaySin posted...
This BRAND NEW GENERATION CPU is performing worse than my old CPU

What's your old CPU? I may have missed it but I don't think you mentioned that.
Also the FX-8350 is hardly brand new, it came out just about a year ago.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#35WyzeGyePosted 10/14/2013 8:47:23 AM
TropicMoon10 posted...
I'm using a Phenom II with a stock cooler and the thing is quiet as can be.

Also I agree that stock coolers shouldn't be used for gaming, but it can be good enough. I get 72C under really heavy load, which is about 10 degrees under the tj. max

Don't lie. I got a seidon 240m because the stock cooler was too loud
---
---
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/GCJ
#36Loserman15Posted 10/14/2013 8:50:12 AM
Have an i7 3770k overclocked to 4.5ghz on stock cooler.

Burn test for 24 hours, it was fine, did not overheat.

I'm sure you're glad for wasting money on another cooler, though.
#37Orestes417Posted 10/14/2013 8:54:01 AM
And for $30 you could've dropped your temps 10 degrees or so and OC'd higher.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#38JudgmenlPosted 10/14/2013 8:55:34 AM
mess98 posted...
Orestes417 posted...
I dunno, I was pretty thoroughly unimpressed by Intel's pushpin crap

The pushpin thing is kind of lame...
but the fans are silent and actually do something.

Have my stock E8400 Cooler cooling my GPU because it's fan is broken.
I can attest to this.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - Popularity =/= Quality.
http://puu.sh/4AoGC.png - Opinions =/= Truth.
#39sonicteam2k1Posted 10/14/2013 9:00:07 AM
GhettoLogistics posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
nah TC screwed up for driving 60 miles and wasting gas. I would have just had everything shipped. I have a AMD card and it's been nothing but fine for me.

Except at Microcenter you basically get a processor for cheaper than you can find it anywhere else, and they throw in a free motherboard (with some bundles). An FX-6300 with a basic micro-ATX mobo is $109. You can't beat that value, definitely not shipped.

TC screwed up by not knowing anything about what he's purchasing and setting expectations for. You want a gaming PC, you better upgrade the cooler. You could've also installed it incorrectly, or have crappy airflow, or live in a place with a hot ambient temperature.

For perspective, I cooled an FX-6300 PASSIVELY with a Thermaltake Frio CPU cooler. No CPU fans. It never went above 70C, which is pretty impressive for being 100% silent. The key is airflow, which you apparently have none of and would like to blame AMD for that.

well unless he has a smart car he really burned up a lot of gas. 120 mile trip (I'm assuming both ways) and how expensive gas it = lot of money burned in just logistics alone.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#40castrejon04Posted 10/14/2013 10:41:37 AM
I guess buying cheap comes out expensive. Why not save a few bucks and get an Intel instead?
---
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa