This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well, I tried to give AMD a chance.

#41NicoC96Posted 10/14/2013 10:47:25 AM
Snuckie7 posted...
Literally not buying Intel from Microcenter. You probably deserved it.

I agree. Microcenter always has the best deals on processors, and if they have a deal running, bundling the CPU with the motherboard saves you tons of money.

Also, as an owner of a Phenom II, why would you EVER use a stock AMD cooler??? Even on my X2 the thing sounded like a jet, do yourself a favor and pickup a Hyper 212 if you feel the need to cheap out.
#42Orestes417Posted 10/14/2013 10:48:44 AM
Fun unrelated fact. Microcenter doesn't even sell the intel chip I'd be interested in.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#43Nightmare2398Posted 10/14/2013 11:01:27 AM
if i had a microcenter near me i'd walk out with at least a 3770k... the prices there are insane! why go AMD when you have a microcenter near you?!
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: VegetarianEater
"This is very heavy, and this, may I remind you, is on fire." -Moony (Moony and Broon Show)
#44CC RicersPosted 10/14/2013 11:25:53 AM
Nightmare2398 posted...
if i had a microcenter near me i'd walk out with at least a 3770k... the prices there are insane! why go AMD when you have a microcenter near you?!

Processors are the one area where their prices are better than online retailers, though in my town the tax is 9.25%, kind of steep. I'll probably get my Xeon from this auction even though it's used, because it's going for a lot cheaper.
---
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!
#45TheOtherGuyXPosted 10/14/2013 11:26:04 AM
TropicMoon10 posted...
I'm using a Phenom II with a stock cooler and the thing is quiet as can be.

I was going to post the same thing. I've had my 940 OCed to 3.4GHz or so since the day I bought it and never once has the stock fan produced loud noise or failed to cool properly over the years.
---
"The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams."
#46TropicMoon10Posted 10/14/2013 12:24:04 PM
WyzeGye posted...
Don't lie. I got a seidon 240m because the stock cooler was too loud

NicoC96 posted...
Also, as an owner of a Phenom II, why would you EVER use a stock AMD cooler??? Even on my X2 the thing sounded like a jet, do yourself a favor and pickup a Hyper 212 if you feel the need to cheap out.

I have the x4 945 @ 3ghz, default clock and Q-Fan is set to Standard (if any of you are using an ASUS mobo). My desktop is right next to me and it's whisper-quiet - if even that. Hell I can hear my hard drive buzzing a little whenever I boot it up. I can't possibly imagine getting quieter than this unless you do water-cooling. I have zero complaints.

But then again this IS the first PC I ever built. I don't have any personal experience with other CPUs or coolers.
---
-TropicMoon - as humid as a summer's day on triton
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg