This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well, I tried to give AMD a chance.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Well, I tried to give AMD a chance.

User Info: NicoC96

NicoC96
3 years ago#41
Snuckie7 posted...
Literally not buying Intel from Microcenter. You probably deserved it.

I agree. Microcenter always has the best deals on processors, and if they have a deal running, bundling the CPU with the motherboard saves you tons of money.

Also, as an owner of a Phenom II, why would you EVER use a stock AMD cooler??? Even on my X2 the thing sounded like a jet, do yourself a favor and pickup a Hyper 212 if you feel the need to cheap out.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
3 years ago#42
Fun unrelated fact. Microcenter doesn't even sell the intel chip I'd be interested in.
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.

User Info: Nightmare2398

Nightmare2398
3 years ago#43
if i had a microcenter near me i'd walk out with at least a 3770k... the prices there are insane! why go AMD when you have a microcenter near you?!
Xbox Live Gamertag: VegetarianEater
"This is very heavy, and this, may I remind you, is on fire." -Moony (Moony and Broon Show)

User Info: CC Ricers

CC Ricers
3 years ago#44
Nightmare2398 posted...
if i had a microcenter near me i'd walk out with at least a 3770k... the prices there are insane! why go AMD when you have a microcenter near you?!

Processors are the one area where their prices are better than online retailers, though in my town the tax is 9.25%, kind of steep. I'll probably get my Xeon from this auction even though it's used, because it's going for a lot cheaper.
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!

User Info: TheOtherGuyX

TheOtherGuyX
3 years ago#45
TropicMoon10 posted...
I'm using a Phenom II with a stock cooler and the thing is quiet as can be.

I was going to post the same thing. I've had my 940 OCed to 3.4GHz or so since the day I bought it and never once has the stock fan produced loud noise or failed to cool properly over the years.
"The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams."

User Info: TropicMoon10

TropicMoon10
3 years ago#46
WyzeGye posted...
Don't lie. I got a seidon 240m because the stock cooler was too loud

NicoC96 posted...
Also, as an owner of a Phenom II, why would you EVER use a stock AMD cooler??? Even on my X2 the thing sounded like a jet, do yourself a favor and pickup a Hyper 212 if you feel the need to cheap out.

I have the x4 945 @ 3ghz, default clock and Q-Fan is set to Standard (if any of you are using an ASUS mobo). My desktop is right next to me and it's whisper-quiet - if even that. Hell I can hear my hard drive buzzing a little whenever I boot it up. I can't possibly imagine getting quieter than this unless you do water-cooling. I have zero complaints.

But then again this IS the first PC I ever built. I don't have any personal experience with other CPUs or coolers.
-TropicMoon - as humid as a summer's day on triton
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Well, I tried to give AMD a chance.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived