This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats the most important when it comes to keeping a constant high FPS?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Whats the most important when it comes to keeping a constant high FPS?

User Info: RubMyDucky

RubMyDucky
3 years ago#1
GPU, RAM or CPU? I know all those things are important but which one is vital for keeping a high framerate under load?

For instance, my computer can play some really beautiful games at 60+FPS, but when the action starts happening, the FPS starts to tank.

User Info: josh_b

josh_b
3 years ago#2
GPU and CPU. Having one alot more powerful than the other then you run the risk of bottlenecking and hampering the other part.

If you have a high fps till the action starts that simply means that your hardware isn't powerful enough to keep up with the game. it's a lot easier to run a game when not a lot is going on. when your system starts getting pushed your hitting the limit of what your hardware is capable of hence the drop in framerate.

lower your settings to a point where your able to keep the framerate where you want it and be happy... or get a better system.
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585

User Info: reincarnator07

reincarnator07
3 years ago#3
Depends entirely on the game in question.
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Whats the most important when it comes to keeping a constant high FPS?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived