This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playing Diablo 2 for the first time makes me very dissapointed in 3

#31UnderwaterAirPosted 10/14/2013 3:12:10 PM
I prefer Diablo 1.
#32Cool_Dude667Posted 10/14/2013 3:40:25 PM
D2 was glorious, but now its a joke, as is this topic.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#33MarikhenPosted 10/14/2013 8:49:27 PM
Polaris posted...
I really wish ARPGs would cut it out with the prefix and suffix names on magical properties.

To a degree I can agree. Games like Path of Exile and Diablo 2/3 don't actually factor them into the names of rare items so the presence of affix names is irrelevant. Likewise in both Diablo 2 and Path of Exile you need to ID the items so when they drop you can't just look at them and go, "Crap, crap, crap, crap crap crap, crapcrapcrapcrapcrap. Eh... Alt bait."

You can do that with Diablo 3 and, to a lesser extent, Torchlight 2 since blue items come unhidden and mostly unidentified respectively. For that matter it only really becomes useful when you drop items, and even then most of the time you either have trade mechanics making dropping to trade pointless and stupid or you're dropping crap which (most) people probably won't want.

Still, it begs the question of what you would rather see in place of items with two or fewer affixes being named after those affixes. I mean on the one hand it's not as if the name matters to most people, but on the other hand in games where loot doesn't have to be ID'd or people actually, on occasion, drop decent dual-affixed items it can actually make deciding what to pick up a little easier. Of course on the gripping hand having every item named stuff like Doom Ward, Plague Edge, Death Spiral, Pain Choker, Horror Whirl, and Loath Buckle doesn't really matter much either as it gets old to the point of you no longer bothering to look at the names after the first few hundred items.

ShadowThaReaper posted...
Boge posted...
Diablo 3 is an awesome game

No, it isn't.

You're right, it's not an awesome game, but it is a pretty good game. Of course it's only a good game in and of itself because as a Diablo title it sucks ass.

Cool_Dude667 posted...
D2 was glorious, but now its a joke, as is this topic.

Give it up. You should stop remembering 1.09, and just let it go.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#34Born LuckyPosted 10/15/2013 6:27:14 AM
Marikhen posted...
Sacred 2 is a good game, but it's not as good as Diablo 2 in several respects.

#1 The camera angle, while adjustable and good, is never quite as good as the angle in many fixed perspective games like Diablo 2.

The great thing about PCs, is you can fix the camera. I took these in game.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9624/sacred2.png

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/1742/sacred2ii.png
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot
#35MarikhenPosted 10/15/2013 6:34:52 AM
While the former might be good if I want an over-the-shoulder view the latter, to me, looks worse than the normal view. Also, given all the issues I've had over the years with getting Sacred 2 to install properly, patch properly, and run properly I'm very hesitant about editing any of the config files. I mean heck, I still have times where after loading the game up I have to alt-tab out and back in just so I can click the buttons to load a character/game. >_>
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.