This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how big are the sales on cyber monday?

#1IronSasquatchPosted 10/14/2013 6:44:41 AM
I'm trying to decide if it would be worth waiting the month and a half to buy a few things for my build. I'm looking at a GTX 760 4gb and a mechanical keyboard, which comes to around $400 total. How big are the sales on newegg and other sites on cyber monday? I'm thinking it would probably be worth waiting if I'm gonna save myself close to $100.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#2EGMRULZPosted 10/14/2013 10:34:32 AM
IronSasquatch posted...
I'm trying to decide if it would be worth waiting the month and a half to buy a few things for my build. I'm looking at a GTX 760 4gb and a mechanical keyboard, which comes to around $400 total. How big are the sales on newegg and other sites on cyber monday? I'm thinking it would probably be worth waiting if I'm gonna save myself close to $100.

I'd definitely suggest that you hold out and wait a month. You might save yourself plenty of cash. Last year I saw some pretty insane cyber monday deals and can almost guarantee that this year will see some crazy sales also. It's just a month and a half from now, so patience. I don't know if video cards, etc will be on sale this year but no harm in waiting to check things out yourself.
#3LordSeiferPosted 10/14/2013 10:48:32 AM
the specific product you want probably wont be on sale. lots of things go on sale, but not EVERYTHING goes a certain percentage on sale
---
^ this
#4Nightmare2398Posted 10/14/2013 11:50:47 AM
IronSasquatch posted...

i'm sure some form of 4gb 760 and some mechanical keyboard will go on sale on black friday/cyber monday, so i would wait if i were you...
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: VegetarianEater
"This is very heavy, and this, may I remind you, is on fire." -Moony (Moony and Broon Show)
#5qeoijlijwPosted 10/14/2013 1:34:08 PM
dont bother
all the good s*** is bought up by bots
and all you're left with are scraps that say they are on sale but actually are marked up
black friday and cyber monday are fools gold
retailers know that you guys are ready to buy anything, so they actually just mark everything up and jack the price up.
#6Ma1iciousGnom3Posted 10/14/2013 1:36:50 PM
qeoijlijw posted...
dont bother
all the good s*** is bought up by bots
and all you're left with are scraps that say they are on sale but actually are marked up
black friday and cyber monday are fools gold
retailers know that you guys are ready to buy anything, so they actually just mark everything up and jack the price up.

....so you've never actually done a black friday or cyber monday have you? Because I've saved a ridiculous amount of cash over the years.
#7SnadadosPosted 10/14/2013 1:39:05 PM
I've rarely been impressed with component prices on Black Friday / Cyber Monday.

There will be some good markdowns here and there but it is rarely anything I want to buy.
I usually find my self doing better picking stuff up here and there through out the year than trying to get everything on the Friday / Monday sales.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?