This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come you dont have to clean out the inside of a console?

#21ZukkusPosted 10/14/2013 2:01:12 PM
Because you void your console's warranty if you open the case.
---
"I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life." -Big Boss
#22WerdnAndreWPosted 10/14/2013 2:02:39 PM
Would be nice if they added an access panel like laptops.
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
#23Epicness2012Posted 10/14/2013 3:35:55 PM
MasterDonGero posted...
Epicness2012 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Epicness2012 posted...
SmoboHash posted...
Consoles do need to be cleaned, but they're designed for that need to be ignored by the masses (because the masses are, and always will be, kinda stupid)

"Stupid" is abit much. Maybe they aren't very knowledgeable when it comes to this subject, but not stupid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Abit
Abit much?

....Really?

He didn't say, "You made a grammatical error, and therefore, you're a blubbering idiot!" I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was a light-hearted joke.

Ah. After I posted i looked at it again and wasn't sure if he was just being a grammar nazi or if he was just joking. Was hard for me to tell. No hard feelings then.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bYgoJ.jpg
Remember, citizens, bullets cost money and resources. Do your part by dying quickly
#24kbe2k2Posted 10/14/2013 3:43:05 PM
Maybe they should consider cleaning them....
http://i.imgur.com/vV2Ex7P.jpg

At least when the warranty is up.
#25TimePharaohPosted 10/14/2013 4:06:00 PM
Nineteen99 posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Sinfullyvannila posted...
Oh my god, they forgot the space.

One person=they

"They" is commonly used as an androgynous term to refer to someone, in place of he/she or him/her. It's not technically grammatically correct, but it's common enough that you should shut the **** up.

You're on gamefaqs. It's a he.
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#26PhilOnDezPosted 10/14/2013 4:34:50 PM
Trying to fix a YLoD launch ps3 I pulled it apart and gave it a good scrubbing. I literally couldn't get it even halfway clean. Had it been cleaned, and reasonably easy to clean, I think the YLoD could have been easily avoidable. With as much money as they were losing per console that seems like something they should have kept in mind.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#27JKatarnPosted 10/14/2013 6:24:07 PM
arleas posted...
I'm sure a lot of consoles overheat exactly because they never clean it out. Consoles aren't made to be easily cleaned out either so you'd probably wind up voiding the warranty to do it.

It's far more likely due to other factors such as being stacked on top of other hot electronics, running in an enclosed cabinet with minimal/no airflow, being in a house with a smoker(s), pet hair from multiple pets (unlikely, but could happen) etc. As a previous poster stated, the consoles are designed to use mainly passive cooling in general and don't have the volume of air (and consequently dust and other particles) flowing into their innards that a PC would. There's also the fact that consoles are very popular with the large mainstream audience, and as we know, many people don't take terribly good care of their stuff.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#28JKatarnPosted 10/14/2013 6:25:58 PM
Epicness2012 posted...
SmoboHash posted...
Consoles do need to be cleaned, but they're designed for that need to be ignored by the masses (because the masses are, and always will be, kinda stupid)

"Stupid" is abit much. Maybe they aren't very knowledgeable when it comes to this subject, but not stupid.

Have you ever read the comment section on any website ever created? A large percentage (but certainly not all) of the public have the intelligence of a tarnished doorknob - how else are they so easily swayed by sensationalist media stories, and how else can you explain the popularity of "reality" television?
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
#29JKatarnPosted 10/14/2013 6:28:50 PM
Nineteen99 posted...
TimePharaoh posted...

One person=they

"They" is commonly used as an androgynous term to refer to someone, in place of he/she or him/her. It's not technically grammatically correct, but it's common enough that you should shut the **** up.

This is TP we're talking about, snark is all he knows.
---
#30JKatarnPosted 10/14/2013 6:29:50 PM
Nineteen99 posted...
TimePharaoh posted...

One person=they

Correct. The vast majority of the times I edit a post is to replace "he" with "they" for the purpose of androgyny.

I was surprised to find out I hadn't actually edited the original post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwT1kp0C3Ss
---