This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come you dont have to clean out the inside of a console?

#31Last Grand MageX2Posted 10/14/2013 7:53:40 PM
Epicness2012 posted...
SmoboHash posted...
Consoles do need to be cleaned, but they're designed for that need to be ignored by the masses (because the masses are, and always will be, kinda stupid)

"Stupid" is abit much. Maybe they aren't very knowledgeable when it comes to this subject, but not stupid.

Think about the average person. Now realize that about 50% of the population is dumber than that.

The masses are stupid.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#32Tommy2GoGoPosted 10/15/2013 2:34:42 AM
Killah Priest posted...
You do have to clean out consoles, its just not as easy as popping off a side panel.

I've repaired a lot of consoles and sometimes when I open them... holy crap.

^ that.

The worst one I worked with had a ton of dust and roaches. I immediately closed it back up and gave it back to the person.
I don't want no roaches to come to my house!
#33kingoffpsPosted 10/15/2013 4:32:30 AM
Tommy2GoGo posted...
Killah Priest posted...
You do have to clean out consoles, its just not as easy as popping off a side panel.

I've repaired a lot of consoles and sometimes when I open them... holy crap.

^ that.

The worst one I worked with had a ton of dust and roaches. I immediately closed it back up and gave it back to the person.
I don't want no roaches to come to my house!

As in cockroaches? You're saying you found cockroaches inside a games console?!
---
i7 920 @ 3.6GHz, 3.8GHz (single-thread mode), MSI X58 Platinum, 6GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950 (1100/1450), 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
#34arleasPosted 10/15/2013 5:09:53 AM
You're saying you found cockroaches inside a games console?!

They like to live inside electronic devices. It's nice and warm in there, so yeah, he probably found bugs inside someone's console. The very origin of the "computer bug" is from when a moth got inside one of the old mainframes (the kind with vacuum tubes).
it's more likely than you think.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://i.imgur.com/KDYNR.jpg
#35kingoffpsPosted 10/15/2013 7:51:59 AM
arleas posted...
You're saying you found cockroaches inside a games console?!

They like to live inside electronic devices. It's nice and warm in there, so yeah, he probably found bugs inside someone's console. The very origin of the "computer bug" is from when a moth got inside one of the old mainframes (the kind with vacuum tubes).
it's more likely than you think.

Man that's made me ******* sick lol.
---
i7 920 @ 3.6GHz, 3.8GHz (single-thread mode), MSI X58 Platinum, 6GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950 (1100/1450), 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
#36JKatarnPosted 10/15/2013 4:26:26 PM
Last Grand MageX2 posted...
Epicness2012 posted...
SmoboHash posted...
Consoles do need to be cleaned, but they're designed for that need to be ignored by the masses (because the masses are, and always will be, kinda stupid)

"Stupid" is abit much. Maybe they aren't very knowledgeable when it comes to this subject, but not stupid.

Think about the average person. Now realize that about 50% of the population is dumber than that.

The masses are stupid.

It is quite depressing....have you ever seen "Street Smarts"? It is/was a game show where the host goes out on the street and generally asks relatively simple/general knowledge questions. You'd be surprised at how many people get them wrong.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES