This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New to MOBAs, start with LoL or DoTA2?

#41KillerTrufflePosted 10/15/2013 11:18:29 AM
Slayn posted...
Featherwind posted...
waaaaaaaaaaaaah QQ

Pretty much sums up your post.

Game is not pay to win. You don't need to unlock even 20% of the content to play the game perfectly fine.

So then how would YOU have addressed his situations, which are entirely plausible, if not common, in the game?
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#42analogmanPosted 10/15/2013 11:25:49 AM
both are free. why do you need to ask?
---
check my quote :DD
#43xBrokenxHaloxPosted 10/15/2013 11:29:09 AM
Having every champion unlocked in Dota2 right from the start is a bit overwhelming. I also like actually having things to unlock and work for. If I go play battlefield and I already having everything unlocked, I would most likely have a lot less fun.
---
Just so I can type in CAPS
#44happyscrub1Posted 10/15/2013 11:39:45 AM(edited)
Here's the best analogy for LoL vs Dota2

LoL is like playing basketball, having official referees making the calls and running the game.

Dota2 is like playing basketball but the rules are being made up by the players.

LoL is just a better game overall. They took what they liked about dota and made a game of their own.

Dota2 took everything about dota (even the bad), and supposedly didn't do much to upgrade it (like clunky controls and turning speed). The evident in that is the fact that there are still lots of people that play dota 1 because they think dota 2 sucks.

Both develop their games differently:

LoL make the game how they vision it to be and are super hyper on keeping things balance.

Dota2 on the other hand catered to the players (mostly elitist), and gave them the game exactly how the wanted it to be (the good and the bad, and the ugly). It's like the threw a bunch of stuff in the game and let the players sort it out.

LoL is better than Dota2 in all areas except a few points.

1. LoL is pay to win
2. Dota2 has a better stat system.

Everything people say dota2 is better for is just stupid.

1. both are pvp games. The only difficulty in a pvp game is your competition. Just because you are good at chess, doesn't make you better at playing checkers. Just because you can kickbox, doesn't me you are good at boxing.

2. Some of the things that make dota 2 gameplay harder is silly, unneeded things.

3. The argument about how you lose gold is silly too. Both games have a snowball effect to where the killing team is gonna get stronger while the losing side will get weaker.

A: X side gains 200 gold on kills while Z side losses 100 gold on death = X side gains 300 gold on kills, Z side losses 0 gold on deaths.

B. Unless you can come up with some formula to give how much a practical value of how much gold is worth in Dota2 vs LoL, then you can't really do much with the gold argument in the first place.
---
Never forget.... Building #7
#45happyscrub1Posted 10/15/2013 11:45:16 AM
xBrokenxHalox posted...
Having every champion unlocked in Dota2 right from the start is a bit overwhelming. I also like actually having things to unlock and work for. If I go play battlefield and I already having everything unlocked, I would most likely have a lot less fun.

This statement is one truest things you can say. Games do better by making people work instead of giving it to them for free.

I find it sad because players trash on games that gave them everything but then quick to say they got bored.

WoW is the biggest example of that. Biggest grindfest ever and people complained about it yet still played it. Then MMOs afterwards came and took away a lot of the grinding and people quick to quit because they got "bored"
---
#46happyscrub1Posted 10/15/2013 11:50:28 AM
Slayn posted...
Featherwind posted...
waaaaaaaaaaaaah QQ

Pretty much sums up your post.

Game is not pay to win. You don't need to unlock even 20% of the content to play the game perfectly fine.

Having more rune pages, runes, and champion choices ALWAYS gives you an advantage.... especially in ranked draft.

What if you were to solo top as an AD vs an AP champ? Most people can't afford the rune page slots for that. They typically have page anticipating most tops will be AD.

What if you play mid but don't own a hard counter to a specific champ that you are up against. You just missed a chance to greatly improve your chances of winning.

Those are just some of examples you will run into when you don't have everything in the game.
---
#47AsucaHayashiPosted 10/15/2013 12:00:26 PM
LoL make the game how they vision it to be and are super hyper on keeping things balance.

you almost had me there for a moment
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/