This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you've played GTA IV and didn't like it, you will LOVE GTA V.

#1MrMonkhousePosted 10/14/2013 12:34:29 PM
I s*** you not. I was one of those peeps who didnt enjoy GTA IV in terms of the storyline and overall gameplay. But GTA V s*** on GTA IV and I'm enjoying it a lot. People have been reporting the same.

Cant wait to buy GTA V again on the PC next year.
---
http://i.imgur.com/r9pppzV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BcGVG.gif
#2DerPancakePosted 10/14/2013 12:35:24 PM
I though GTA IV is the best in the series, though I haven't tried GTA V yet.

but Mafia 2 craps on GTA IV on storyline and characters.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#3__Cam__Posted 10/14/2013 12:48:43 PM(edited)
I've thoroughly played GTA V, but there are many elements of GTA IV that I find better.

IV did a better job of recreating a real city, so to speak. I've been listening to NYC radio all my life, and Rockstar was spot-on when making GTA IV's in-game radio sound authentic. V's radio seems very Saints Row-ish, and dull.

It feels like since Rockstar's offices are located in NY, they have a lot of know-how and experience with what NY and northern NJ look like, but when it comes to GTA V, it seems like Los Santos was made with Wikipedia and Google Images as references.
---
You're awesome.
#4KidInTheHallPosted 10/14/2013 1:15:12 PM
The driving is better in GTA IV.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#5SnadadosPosted 10/14/2013 1:23:17 PM
GTA 5 has the worst radio selection in the series.

Gunfights in GTA 5 aren't much fun as NPCs are nearly 100% accurate and you can only take 5-6 rounds before you drop.
If you pop out of cover for a second you're pretty much dead.

That aside, the driving is so much better in GTA 5 vs 4 and the missions have way more variety.

I enjoyed the stories about the same overall.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#6BogePosted 10/14/2013 1:27:19 PM
I have two problems with GTA IV.

1. The character - I can't relate to playing as the bad guy. I could get behind doing bad things for a good reason, like Walter White from Breaking Bad. But just doing crime because it's fun? I don't understand that, so it's not very enjoyable to me.

2. The missions in GTA IV were too repetitive. Get in a car, go here, kill this guy, escape from cops. Get in a car, go here, try to kill this guy, chase him, kill him, escape from cops. That's it! That's basically 90% of the game. It gets boring after about 3 times.

GTA V might fix number 2, but definitely not number 1.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#7MrMonkhouse(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 1:44:38 PM
Boge posted...

1. The character - I can't relate to playing as the bad guy. I could get behind doing bad things for a good reason, like Walter White from Breaking Bad. But just doing crime because it's fun? I don't understand that, so it's not very enjoyable to me.

2. The missions in GTA IV were too repetitive. Get in a car, go here, kill this guy, escape from cops. Get in a car, go here, try to kill this guy, chase him, kill him, escape from cops. That's it! That's basically 90% of the game. It gets boring after about 3 times.

I thought that was the point of playing a GTA game. If you want to act like a hero, there's other games for you to enjoy like SingStar or Just Dance 4.
---
http://i.imgur.com/r9pppzV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BcGVG.gif
#8kingoffpsPosted 10/14/2013 1:54:36 PM
__Cam__ posted...
I've thoroughly played GTA V, but there are many elements of GTA IV that I find better.

IV did a better job of recreating a real city, so to speak. I've been listening to NYC radio all my life, and Rockstar was spot-on when making GTA IV's in-game radio sound authentic. V's radio seems very Saints Row-ish, and dull.

It feels like since Rockstar's offices are located in NY, they have a lot of know-how and experience with what NY and northern NJ look like, but when it comes to GTA V, it seems like Los Santos was made with Wikipedia and Google Images as references.

Erm GTA is developed by Rockstar North, which is in Scotland. Rockstar in New York is just the marketing and public relations according to Wikipedia.
---
i7 920 @ 3.6GHz, 3.8GHz (single-thread mode), MSI X58 Platinum, 6GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950 (1100/1450), 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
#9xBrokenxHaloxPosted 10/14/2013 2:42:35 PM
Boge posted...

Don't worry, in GTA V you steal cars for the homeless and shoot marshmallows instead of bullets.
---
Just so I can type in CAPS
#10ZukkusPosted 10/14/2013 2:45:36 PM
My biggest complaint with GTA4 was the shooting. It's vastly improved in GTA5. You can tell they took a page from Max Payne 3 (but Max Payne 3 still has more fluid shooting).
---
"I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life." -Big Boss