This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How often do you recycle parts from a previous build into a new build?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How often do you recycle parts from a previous build into a new build?
3 years ago#11
Previously I've taken the same case, and upgraded the parts I wanted to change out... so at first all I changed was the RAM, then I changed the CPU, then I changed the GPU 2 times, then the motherboard died and I had to go build a new one so I kept the GPU, PSU and Case and bought a new motherboard CPU and RAM and hard drives...I guess i've had the same DVD drives/burners since 2004 but after I install the OS I barely use the drive anymore.

There is no 'average' here or any common ground... it could be "everything but the case" or it could be "just one part".
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://i.imgur.com/KDYNR.jpg
3 years ago#12
Just built this one. I didn't have any recycled parts because the parts from my previous PC were ancient.
21B64R09E14A35K92T29H45E17W43A82L95L19S57D36O18W39N8Y2J
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.
3 years ago#13
I usually keep my mouse, keyboard, and monitor. However, on occasion, I'll keep my case, power supply, and/or hard drive.

The past number of systems I've built for myself, I've sold my old computer off to my parents, so there really isn't much I can keep.

I think my next system I build in probably 5 years or so, I might keep my power supply and case along with mouse, keyboard, monitor. Hard to say though. 5 years is a long time. I think my system will hold up nicely for that long or longer.
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How often do you recycle parts from a previous build into a new build?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived