This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best headset

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best headset

User Info: AllHailTheDead6

AllHailTheDead6
3 years ago#1
ok so I need a new headset and Ive been looking into a few options

Theres steelseries that makes good ones or I could always go razer

But this one thing caught my eye and that is the logitech g430. Its currently $50 at Best buy and 80 on amazon

Should I go for it or what
Steam ID AllHailTheDead
*Puts on his robe and wizard hat*

User Info: AlleRacing

AlleRacing
3 years ago#2
I'd recommend against headsets in general, but if you had to get one on a low budget, you could certainly do worse.
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg

User Info: AllHailTheDead6

AllHailTheDead6
3 years ago#3
AlleRacing posted...
I'd recommend against headsets in general, but if you had to get one on a low budget, you could certainly do worse.

What do you reccomens then? Just a stand alone mic? Any suggestions?
Steam ID AllHailTheDead
*Puts on his robe and wizard hat*

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
3 years ago#4
AllHailTheDead6 posted...
AlleRacing posted...

What do you reccomens then? Just a stand alone mic? Any suggestions?

I think a lot of people like headphones + standalone mics. I do too. There are a couple of reasons.

-Wider selection of headphones available to suit your needs and with some great value for money options.
-Wider selection of mics available to suit your needs. Headset mics are often not great.
-Many midrange to high-end USB headsets do their own audio-mixing. But more often than not, a cheap soundcard or sometimes even the onboard audio of the motherboard does a better job.
-You can replace or upgrade every individual component to your audio (mic, phones, card)
-You can avoid the ridiculous "gamer" style and looks that headsets tend to have.
-You can use the headphones for other things besides the PC.
-It is easy to find something more durable. I would like any headset seeing a lot of use to last as long as my Sony MDR-V6 headphones which my dad bought in the 90's somewhere. I do not think you get that kind of longevity out any headset available.

That said, headsets are kind of appealing just because it is such an easy all in one solution.
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best headset

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived