This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best headset

#1AllHailTheDead6Posted 10/14/2013 3:56:39 PM
ok so I need a new headset and Ive been looking into a few options

Theres steelseries that makes good ones or I could always go razer

But this one thing caught my eye and that is the logitech g430. Its currently $50 at Best buy and 80 on amazon

Should I go for it or what
---
Steam ID AllHailTheDead
*Puts on his robe and wizard hat*
#2AlleRacingPosted 10/14/2013 6:44:47 PM
I'd recommend against headsets in general, but if you had to get one on a low budget, you could certainly do worse.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#3AllHailTheDead6(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 7:07:37 PM
AlleRacing posted...
I'd recommend against headsets in general, but if you had to get one on a low budget, you could certainly do worse.

What do you reccomens then? Just a stand alone mic? Any suggestions?
---
Steam ID AllHailTheDead
*Puts on his robe and wizard hat*
#4_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 10/15/2013 4:25:04 AM(edited)
AllHailTheDead6 posted...
AlleRacing posted...

What do you reccomens then? Just a stand alone mic? Any suggestions?

I think a lot of people like headphones + standalone mics. I do too. There are a couple of reasons.

-Wider selection of headphones available to suit your needs and with some great value for money options.
-Wider selection of mics available to suit your needs. Headset mics are often not great.
-Many midrange to high-end USB headsets do their own audio-mixing. But more often than not, a cheap soundcard or sometimes even the onboard audio of the motherboard does a better job.
-You can replace or upgrade every individual component to your audio (mic, phones, card)
-You can avoid the ridiculous "gamer" style and looks that headsets tend to have.
-You can use the headphones for other things besides the PC.
-It is easy to find something more durable. I would like any headset seeing a lot of use to last as long as my Sony MDR-V6 headphones which my dad bought in the 90's somewhere. I do not think you get that kind of longevity out any headset available.

That said, headsets are kind of appealing just because it is such an easy all in one solution.
---
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H