This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

OMG Crysis 3 will bring your system to it's knees...

#21lionheart5656Posted 10/14/2013 7:22:21 PM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
It takes all of 5 min max unless you are trying to install it with PlaySkool Tools.

Took me over two hours, although that may have been because I had to basically unplug everything from everything else and essentially re-build the entire computer.

this. I had to take the who freaking PC apart and unmount the mobo to do my last one. Just do not feel like going through that again. I'll be fine. High setting, 1920X1080 @ 60fps is enough for me.

I love how people make assumptions and act like tools on the internet because they have nothing else better to do.

Don't get mad because I insulted your PlaySkool Tool Set.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#22Tommy2GoGoPosted 10/15/2013 2:33:02 AM
First Level is the only one with Rain in it.
So don't worry about it.

It does take a heavy toll on my FPS when I was playing it.

Good game.

The Suit was nerfed to hell and back though. Biggest thing that disappointed me. Overall, amazing game.
#23_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 10/15/2013 3:36:00 AM
You can do some modest overclocking on the stock cooler. However, my experience in overclocking has always been that the benefit is marginal unless you overclock considerably. In those cases you pretty much need an aftermarket cooler.

This is also why overclocking is something I do not always do. When you are on a budget build, you could argue that the extra cost you have to make , just to make overclocking worthwhile might not be worth the benefit. When you add up the cost of a decent aftermarket cooler, unlocked CPU and MOBO, then look at the expected gain from overclocking, going cheap sometimes makes sense.

There are some aftermarket coolers that you can easily install while keeping your motherboard in the case, like you can a stock cooler. But for most of them, I would actually prefer just to unplug everything and install outside of the case, which does take a bit of time depending on how experienced you are with doing something like this.
---
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#24sonicteam2k1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 7:01:16 AM
lionheart5656 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
It takes all of 5 min max unless you are trying to install it with PlaySkool Tools.

Took me over two hours, although that may have been because I had to basically unplug everything from everything else and essentially re-build the entire computer.

this. I had to take the who freaking PC apart and unmount the mobo to do my last one. Just do not feel like going through that again. I'll be fine. High setting, 1920X1080 @ 60fps is enough for me.

I love how people make assumptions and act like tools on the internet because they have nothing else better to do.

Don't get mad because I insulted your PlaySkool Tool Set.

what are you going to do about it mr badass? not a Goddamn thing.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#25Killah PriestPosted 10/15/2013 7:17:54 AM
I too do not have a case with back access to the CPU on one of my builds, so It would take me a good chunk of time and a bit of effort just to install a decent cooler.

Still I can get to 3.0ghz (q6600 2.4) with the intel stock so I'm good. I actually have 3 aftermarket coolers for it that I just never bothered to install, grabbed a bunch on the cheap when my old stock cooler fell off due to the pegs randomly breaking.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#26futureopsPosted 10/15/2013 7:23:42 AM
I was a fan of the Crysis series and I had some crashes running C3 on my AMD Radeon 5800 Series until I turn Vsync off ,and played it smooth at full graphics with all texture options enabled and Vsync disabled.NO PROBLEM.
---
Can't kill me because futureops is cursed.
#27WyzeGyePosted 10/15/2013 9:16:36 AM
Sonic, add me on origin, name is the same as here. We'll team up sometime.

Be warned, I only play cell vs rebel though
---
---
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/GCJ