This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Quick Advice please.

#1Leon_HisaragiPosted 10/14/2013 6:59:50 PM
http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/HP-Pavilion/D1H55AV?HP-Pavilion-17z-e000-Notebook-PC#pdpreviews

Would you say this is a decent laptop to play games on? To play most games on Steam, Indie games, run emulator?

I'm aware that it isn't good for high level gaming like Battlefield, Crysis or MMO's.
---
"The truth is, you're the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying Ringo. I'm trying real, hard, to be the shepherd."
#2TimePharaohPosted 10/14/2013 7:04:39 PM(edited)
I don't....do you know what Steam is? Because all three groups of "Battlefield, Crysis, and MMO's" exist on Steam, so...

and lollaptop
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#3Leon_Hisaragi(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 7:05:59 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
I don't....do you know what Steam is? Because all three groups of "Battlefield, Crysis, and MMO's" exist on Steam, so...

Yes, I'm aware. I just used those games as an example of what I'm NOT expecting out of the laptop.

Speaking of which, I know a Desktop would be a better choice, but that's out of the question right now. I can only stick with a low budget laptop.
---
"The truth is, you're the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying Ringo. I'm trying real, hard, to be the shepherd."
#4zxelmanPosted 10/14/2013 7:08:45 PM
If you want to play on native resolution for some games, the integrated graphics card might slow you down, but you should be fine if you're willing to tolerate hiccups here and there for the more demanding games.
#5Leon_Hisaragi(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 7:15:36 PM
zxelman posted...
If you want to play on native resolution for some games, the integrated graphics card might slow you down, but you should be fine if you're willing to tolerate hiccups here and there for the more demanding games.

Yeah I was thinking about ordering it with a better one on their site.

Thanks for the honest and respectful answer by the way. Appreciate it.
---
#6zxelmanPosted 10/14/2013 7:19:47 PM
Leon_Hisaragi posted...
zxelman posted...

If you are able to shell out $80 more, you not only get a faster processor (though it irks me because it's AMD, but that's me), but you get a discrete GPU with its own vram.

I'd think about the games I would play on the laptop if I were you.
#7Leon_Hisaragi(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 7:29:24 PM
zxelman posted...
Leon_Hisaragi posted...
zxelman posted...

If you are able to shell out $80 more, you not only get a faster processor (though it irks me because it's AMD, but that's me), but you get a discrete GPU with its own vram.

I'd think about the games I would play on the laptop if I were you.

A friend of mine also recommended getting a laptop with an Intel processor, but circumstances won't let that happen I'm afraid -_-

I have. Really I just need a laptop because I'm going back to school in a few months and I need a laptop while I'm away.
---
#8DerPancakePosted 10/14/2013 7:32:17 PM
TimePharaoh posted...

and lollaptop

Ragnarok Online 2 is a MMO and its on Steam, and Crysis 2 as well, and Battlefield 2.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake