This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft is hoping to get PC users to use Xbox Live

#1CC RicersPosted 10/14/2013 8:01:49 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/microsoft-xbox-one-pc-cross-platform-play-makes-sense

Cross platform play between Xbox One and PC "makes a lot of sense," Microsoft Corporate Vice President Phil Spencer has acknowledged in an interview with Ausgamers.

A connected ecosystem is the way the industry is heading, elaborated Spencer, and Microsoft has learned a great deal from its past experiments with games like Shadow Run and Skulls of the Shogun.

"Iím not allowed to leak things [smiles]," said Spencer. "But I think what youíre talking about makes a lot of sense. Now you have differences in Windows gaming and console gaming around control and input... in fact if you go back to Shadow Run on Xbox 360 -- something I worked on -- we had PC players playing against Xbox 360 customers. We didn't have tremendous success with that, but we learnt a lot from it."

"This connected ecosystem across all the different devices is definitely where I think the future of gaming is going; you donít have to do it as a developer, but you have the capability and I think a system like Xbox Live across all those screens where you know who someone is and who their friends are, what their Achievements are and their progression is really critical to that."

Now I know why GFWL is getting the axe >__>
---
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!
#2TakushoPosted 10/14/2013 8:04:22 PM
I like playing Xbox because I can use a controller and compete with people who also use controllers. Not people with crazy enhanced precision mice and super-crazy programmed keyboards who can supersnipe and insta-kill me before I see them.

Mind you, it KINDA exists with modded controllers...but still. I am still new to PC gaming...let me get used to it first ;___ ;
#3TimePharaohPosted 10/14/2013 8:05:43 PM
Why would I care who your friends are or what achievements you have?

lolpeasantworld
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#4blakegallowayPosted 10/14/2013 8:07:02 PM
TimePharaoh posted...

lolpeasantworld

This would have been a valid argument before so many PC guys got down on their knees for Steam.
---
Sometimes death comes knocking.
Sometimes it tears down the walls.
#5KaiRyusakiPosted 10/14/2013 8:08:11 PM
I wouldnt mind cross-platform multiplayer.

But from what i've heard from the l4d2 sceneario, both valve and microsoft are total jerks who cant cooperate together.
#6TimePharaohPosted 10/14/2013 8:09:32 PM
blakegalloway posted...
TimePharaoh posted...

lolpeasantworld

This would have been a valid argument before so many PC guys got down on their knees for Steam.

But nobody has ever said "man, I love Steam cause of all the achievements". Most games don't even have them.

Whereas this guy is literally saying this "combined ecosystem" is important because people specifically want these things.
---
#7DerPancakePosted 10/14/2013 8:13:50 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
blakegalloway posted...
TimePharaoh posted...

lolpeasantworld

But nobody has ever said "man, I love Steam cause of all the achievements". Most games don't even have them.

Whereas this guy is literally saying this "combined ecosystem" is important because people specifically want these things.

Steam has achievements?
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#8blakegallowayPosted 10/14/2013 8:17:10 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
blakegalloway posted...
TimePharaoh posted...

lolpeasantworld

You're either lying or oblivious. People talk about achievements all the time. And what games other than indies don't have achievements?
---
Sometimes death comes knocking.
Sometimes it tears down the walls.
#9TimePharaohPosted 10/14/2013 8:20:52 PM(edited)
blakegalloway posted...
You're either lying or oblivious. People talk about achievements all the time. And what games other than indies don't have achievements?

I don't think I said people don't talk about them? I said nobody ever wanted Steam BECAUSE of the achievements (I know, I hate reading words too) and no one cared if they were ever added or not (except the peasants but who cares about them?)

And uh, thousands of games considering there's games all the way back to DOS on Steam?

You seem like a peasant.
---
#10MangorushXIIIPosted 10/14/2013 8:22:15 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
blakegalloway posted...

I don't think I said people don't talk about them? I said nobody ever wanted Steam BECAUSE of the achievements (I know, I hate reading words too) and no one cared if they were ever added or not (except the peasants but who cares about them?)

And uh, thousands of games considering there's games all the way back to DOS on Steam?

You seem like a peasant.

You seem like a insecure cheapskate.