This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you guys think about The Evil Within?

#1jelly2008Posted 10/15/2013 8:46:46 AM
It looks to me like a spookier version of Resident Evil 4, minus the melee attacks.
---
Intel C2D E7500 | Intel DG41RQ | CM GX550W Bronze | ASUS ENGTS450 DirectCU | 4GB Transcend DDR2-800 RAM | Seagate 320GB HDD | Hitachi 250GB HDD | Win Vista SP2
#2Killah PriestPosted 10/15/2013 8:47:44 AM
I'm looking forward to it.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#3dekouPosted 10/15/2013 8:51:24 AM
Do we even know anything about it? I've only seen some unclear trailers with live action footage.
#4AsucaHayashiPosted 10/15/2013 9:03:11 AM
like everything else, if it takes off then casualization will take over in subsequent releases.

anyways based on the console gameplay trailer, it has that RE sense of clunkiness to it and i think the camera+fov+size of character vs the cramped environments you're navigating is going to cause some headaches exactly like in the horrendous RE6.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#5DarkshowersPosted 10/15/2013 9:17:41 AM
Forget the newer Resident Evil games because they are terrible for the most part. I hope this game resembles the older, classic survival horror games like the original Resident Evil and few three Silent Hill games.
#6AnatomyHorrorPosted 10/15/2013 9:35:25 AM
Looks great. If anyone can do it, it's Shinji Mikami.
#7Red-SparrowPosted 10/15/2013 9:37:09 AM
Isn't this more of a stealthy horror game? From the videos I've seen, the guy was hobbling away from a guy with a chainsaw and knocking things over to slow him down. In other ones he was sneaking around. I've yet to see him use any weapons.
#8AnatomyHorrorPosted 10/15/2013 9:40:31 AM
In one of the newer videos he's being over run in a room with enemies trying to get through windows and whatnot. I can't remember if he uses a gun, but he definitely drops some mines and it shows how the inventory works.
#9TheMisfitPosted 10/15/2013 9:45:09 AM
Looks good, but the intro of gameplay looks generic as hell. How many games start that way? Tomb Raider did the same exact thing.
---
GameFAQs fanboy for 12 years.
#10dekouPosted 10/15/2013 9:46:49 AM
Eh, I just watched the gameplay trailer and it looks like the CoD of survival horror games. Linear corridors, scripts everywhere and oh, a defense mission with mines! Let's not forget a chase sequence that seems to be about pressing the forward button. Uninspired monster designs don't help.

Sure, most horror games are linear to a degree, but there's a pretty big difference between Silent Hill linearity and CoD linearity. Maybe the game itself will be better, but if they do have something better, they should show it.