This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

anyone going i5 for gaming today is foolish, your rig wont run next-gen games

#11Trance_Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 8:41:43 AM
-CJF- posted...
i5 is still one of the best processors on the market. I think it will hold up okay for awhile to come.

i would rather buy i3 then i5..it's either i3 or i7

the i5 should be exclusive to laptops
---
i think it's nice
#12Superlinkbros89Posted 10/15/2013 8:44:17 AM
Hey look a topic from the bf3 launch
---
Not changing this sig until a Kid Icarus Uprising sequel is announced. Started: 01/01/2013
#13ShubPosted 10/15/2013 8:44:39 AM
Trance_Fan posted...
-CJF- posted...
i5 is still one of the best processors on the market. I think it will hold up okay for awhile to come.

So you would rather buy a dual core with Hyper-Threading than a proper quad core, yet you recommend that people buy a quad-core with Hyper-Threading which, so far, has been shown to offer little benefit. Given the lack of accuracy of your sempiternal "industry predictions", I'm inclined to disagree, to say the least. Do you also suggest to people that they hit themselves in the face with a 2x4?
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#14steveboblarryPosted 10/15/2013 8:47:36 AM
Shub posted...
Trance_Fan posted...
-CJF- posted...

So you would rather buy a dual core with Hyper-Threading than a proper quad core, yet you recommend that people buy a quad-core with Hyper-Threading which, so far, has been shown to offer little benefit. Given the lack of accuracy of your sempiternal "industry predictions", I'm inclined to disagree, to say the least. Do you also suggest to people that they hit themselves in the face with a 2x4?

+1
---
#15wizardmonPosted 10/15/2013 8:49:13 AM
Shub posted...
Trance_Fan posted...
-CJF- posted...

No, he suggests either a 2x3 or a 2x6.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#16Trance_Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 8:49:30 AM
i5 is the biggest rip off for gaming and it's going to be so bad next gen..4 core hyper threading will be used until 8 core is the new standard

all next gen games use hyper threading because the console versions are all programed like that
---
i think it's nice
#17ShubPosted 10/15/2013 8:52:44 AM(edited)
It's funny when people post stuff like it's industry insider information, when it really isn't. Fortunately you're the only one who does that.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#18DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/15/2013 8:52:10 AM
My rig will run next gen games with flying colours. So flying, in fact, will these colours be that I've taken the precaution of tying my monitor down, so that it doesn't fly away!
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#19-CJF-Posted 10/15/2013 8:56:27 AM
Trance_Fan obviously knows his stuff. i5 will not run next gen games and developers will only cater to those who have top tier multiple thousand dollar systems or PlayStation 4 / XboxOne, sacrificing potential sales to the majority of PC gamers with mere i5 systems and below.

Our monitors will also be worthless because everybody will run their games on 4K ultra-wide HD 32" monitors.
#20r0ge00Posted 10/15/2013 8:59:01 AM
I'll be fine with my i3. Thanks for the concern though.