This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Getting slow speeds on FiOS

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Getting slow speeds on FiOS

User Info: _Divined_Beast_

_Divined_Beast_
3 years ago#1
Hey so I recently got FiOS, great speeds when I download from steam or origin, but if I try to download something off the web I get pretty slow speeds. I've had friends use the same link and get something like 1.9mb/s while I get 180 kb/s. Any idea what I can do?
PSZ: 2751 1211 6380
CoD:WaW FC: 0860 - 6664 - 9175

User Info: rusty12000

rusty12000
3 years ago#2
If you are trying to download a torrent they might be throttling your connection. I have heard of providers doing that.
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM

_Divined_Beast_
3 years ago#3
Nope not a torrent. Just common websites like mediafire.

User Info: WerdnAndreW

WerdnAndreW
3 years ago#4
Try a download manager like downloadthemall.
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q

User Info: urtv

urtv
3 years ago#5
get a premium account

_Divined_Beast_
3 years ago#6
I've tried JDownloader but I'll give that one a try too.

I'm certain the problem isn't concerning premium accounts because I've gotten faster speeds on my previous 3/1 connection opposed to my now 57/20.

User Info: Cush1978

Cush1978
3 years ago#7
Have you taken Verizon's speed test? I upgraded FiOS and got horrid speeds. Long story short, after 4 calls they replaced my router (which I asked for in the first place) and everything worked as expected.

Either way, if you call Verizon, they're going to insist you take their speed test. If you have a bunch of devices connected, they're going to say that's the problem. Turn off wireless and plug only one machine into a wired port, then do the speed test. If it's slow, they'll start to take you seriously.
Cush - Wii Friend Code: 8824 6045 3862 1803
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Getting slow speeds on FiOS

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived