This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Using Monitor for both PS3 nd PC

#1HaxnStashPosted 10/15/2013 4:01:23 PM
My 2nd monitor has both an HDMI and DVI port. I plan on using the HDMI for my PS3 and the DVI port for my PC when I want a 2nd screen.

Will I be able to switch between the 2 just like a TV if I have both plugged in? Or will I need some type of connector to be able to switch between the two?

Or does such a thing even exist?

Thank you in advance.
#2KillerTrufflePosted 10/15/2013 4:03:19 PM
It depends on your monitor, but that's exactly what I did for a year or two. My monitor allowed me to select input between DVI and HDMI, and I ran my PS3 to my HDMI, with PS3 sound running out through component to my speakers via an adapter.

Most monitors with multiple inputs should let you choose your input, especially if one of those inputs is HDMI.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#3GhettoLogisticsPosted 10/15/2013 4:03:23 PM
Depends on your monitor. I have an HP x2301 and it has an input switch button so I can switch between VGA, HDMI, and DVI on the fly (even when they're all in use). If you're only using one or the other at a time, then your monitor will autodetect the correct input.
#4El_KazPosted 10/15/2013 4:03:26 PM
The monitor's menu (these buttons on the monitor you never use) likely has an Input Select option that you use to switch.
---
Wait... what?