This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best indie point & clicks?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best indie point & clicks?

User Info: MrElgawarg

3 years ago#1
I enjoy classic point & click adventure games, really liking Full Throttle, Sam & Max Hit the Road and Broken Sword in particular. However, I haven't played many of the more recent point & clicks from indie devs yet (though I have played Machinarium, which I thought was quite charming and cute). What are some of the highlights that have come out of the point & click genre that I may have missed?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

User Info: Vordrax

3 years ago#2

Everything I've played from these guys has been pretty good. Gemini Rue, Primordia. There are plenty of others - Resonance is supposed to be fantastic.

EDIT: I'll throw this game into the hat as well;
Miroku2235: Every time someone says the Mesmer reminds them of Naruto I die a little inside.
Groadergreen: I'm legally deceased because of things like this.

User Info: KillerTruffle

3 years ago#3
The Longest Journey
Syberia 1 & 2
The Journey Down
Sam & Max episodes (I liked seasons 1 & 2 better than 3, but all were good)

Those come immediately to mind... The Longest Journey is a must-play if you haven't.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: NYJetsMets2

3 years ago#4
I just played Deponia and it was fantastic. Great art style and clearly takes influence from the Monkey Island games.

Also, I second Gemini Rue.

User Info: Cush1978

3 years ago#5
I just finished Primordia. Excellent game; I highly recommend it. I've also played the first of the Blackwell Trilogy. Also good, but not as good as Primordia IMHO.
Cush - Wii Friend Code: 8824 6045 3862 1803

User Info: CrayolaNinja

3 years ago#6
Wolf Among Us Episode 1 was just released.

User Info: dermoratraken

3 years ago#7

User Info: Ch3wy

3 years ago#8
Botanicula is one that's somewhat similar to Machinarium in gameplay. Made by the same studio but a different style to the game and sound track(mostly vocal sound track, pretty weird).

The Walking Dead is also amazing and a must play IMO. Made by the people who made Sam and Max, much more serious tone to it for the most part.
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.

3 years ago#9
The longest journey (the first one! Not Dreamfall)
Grim Fandango

These are the two that I have enjoyed most, probably of all point and click adventures I have ever played. Among recent ones, The Book of Unwritten Tales deserves to be mentioned I guess.
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H

User Info: ArkonBlade

3 years ago#10
Grim Fandango
Monkey Island
Maniac Mansion

yeah not all indies but some damn good point and click games.
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best indie point & clicks?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived