This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can never get Steam Cloud to work with certain games.

#1ConkerPosted 10/15/2013 6:29:35 PM
Particularly Half-Life 2. I have been doing my own backups for it for a long time now and always figured I was doing something wrong with Steam Cloud but many other games work fine and I know all of the settings to enable (including the general Steam Cloud settings and the individual game property settings).

I made sure to check the "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization," and it shows the cloud backing up my game with a file amount backed up of 93MB.

No matter what I do, whether it be try to play the game on another computer or having reformatted this computer since playing...it has never allowed me to continue without me having to copy/paste to restore save files I backed up myself.

I don't understand because numerous other games work perfectly with it, but just a few games never work.

Any ideas?
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#2steveboblarryPosted 10/15/2013 6:51:27 PM
I remember steam cloud messed up my witcher 2 saves, I got so annoyed by it that I just redeemed the game on GOG
---
#3arleasPosted 10/15/2013 7:40:20 PM
I've never had any problems with Steam cloud on any games whatsoever other than being annoyed by skyrim trying to steam cloud sync after every game and taking too long to do it (so in that case I eventually turned the cloud off for that game).

Other than that, the worst I can remember would be a sync problem where the game I had saved didn't match the cloud (maybe I saved the game in offline mode?) and I had to be careful to tell it to sync the cloud with the version I had rather than overwrite my version with the cloud version. I don't think of those as problems with the steam cloud though.
---
http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/19/193056.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2309944238.png
#4Conker(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 9:16:00 PM
Yeah, I know about the offline/online Steam syncing, and I've actually overwritten my offline from the online servers before but it wasn't a huge deal. In the case of HL2 it would be different for me though, since the online server just never restores a save at all, so it's not a matter of overwriting offline info.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!