This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Borderlands 2 GOTY worth it?

#1Benjamin_ButtonPosted 10/16/2013 12:38:36 AM
Played this over at my cousins 360 last night. Never cared much for the game and only played Borderlands 1 briefly in SP. Didn't think too much of it.

Visited the fam and he was on playing with randoms. He let me play and it was actually pretty fun.

Granted it was on the 360 but im assuming the PC community is still populated?

This game is $60 right now and ive been on a streak of buying games all week and need to slow my role. Kinda hesistant to drop $60...if it was $30 it would be insta-buy...
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#2ihategodPosted 10/16/2013 12:42:35 AM
Thing is, theres STILL more DLC being released despite this GOTY having come out. In addition to the price being laughable.

I'd say wait it out till we get the REAL GOTY version which has all the DLC in it for one flat price. Then think about it. For now, I'd say that the price is too high and if you want the definitive BL2 experience, wait it out.
#3Benjamin_Button(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 12:50:13 AM
^ the hell? this GOTY doesn't have all the DLC included? wuttt
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#4datopgamerPosted 10/16/2013 1:14:01 AM
It has all current dlc except the 2nd level cap raising dlc.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#5ihategodPosted 10/16/2013 1:20:25 AM
Gearbox went on record saying they weren't done with DLC production for BL2. The level cap was only the first round of secondary DLC they would be releasing as of October. I'm not entirely certain whether there's any plot DLC being made, but knowing Gearbox, there likely us so they can fleece consumers further.
#6SythisTaruPosted 10/16/2013 1:23:18 AM
ihategod posted...
Gearbox went on record saying they weren't done with DLC production for BL2. The level cap was only the first round of secondary DLC they would be releasing as of October. I'm not entirely certain whether there's any plot DLC being made, but knowing Gearbox, there likely us so they can fleece consumers further.

Selling content for real money!? That's INSANE! They should work for hours and then give it away for free! It's not like most of you don't wait for Steam sales to buy this stuff anyways, which is pretty much stealing anyways.
#7AllmatteredPosted 10/16/2013 1:26:03 AM
The GOTY is a joke. They dish out dozens and dozens of DLCs worth over a $100 then package them altogether for more than half that price. It's really just a ripoff for those who went with the season pass or bought each 1 separately.

I lost interest in BL2 after how many DLCs they've added on. Might be reasonable or a case of plain greed, seeing how Borderlands 2 is the only successful game Gearbox has at the moment. So why not just spam profits from it?
#8ihategodPosted 10/16/2013 1:39:36 AM
IMHO, the BL2 season pass is the poster child of what's wrong with season passes.

You pay $20 for some mediocre to passable plot DLC but have to pay additional nickle and dime amounts to get some more stuff that doesn't really add anything to the game, but exists for the sole sake of existing, i.e. costume DLC.

The fact that they're charging consumers not once but TWICE to raise the level cap so you can have more skills/guns/abilities is what proves they're not going to stop milking this cow until it drops dead.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a DLC GOTY bundle that comes out early next year, followed by a Megabox GOTY mid next year with everything in it for around $60.
#9dekouPosted 10/16/2013 1:56:01 AM
ihategod posted...
IMHO, the BL2 season pass is the poster child of what's wrong with season passes.

You pay $20 for some mediocre to passable plot DLC but have to pay additional nickle and dime amounts to get some more stuff that doesn't really add anything to the game, but exists for the sole sake of existing, i.e. costume DLC.

Hah, if only. If it were just stuff that doesn't really add anything to the game, it would be fine. However, the two DLC classes aren't included in the season pass.
#10cody4783Posted 10/16/2013 5:47:56 AM(edited)
Allmattered posted...
The GOTY is a joke. They dish out dozens and dozens of DLCs worth over a $100 then package them altogether for more than half that price. It's really just a ripoff for those who went with the season pass or bought each 1 separately.

You're also getting the game over a year after it came out. No one is being ripped off; You pay more for the privilege of owning it sooner.

Not to mention I pre-ordered both the game and Season Pass, got the four main DLCs, first level cap increase, and Mechromancer DLC for somewhere in the range of $65 or so, thanks to GreenManGaming and their awesome deals at the time. Over 300 hours of gameplay later "Ripped off" is the last thing I feel from buying the game.

ihategod posted...

WOAH
You HAVE to pay for it? Holy S***, I did not know Gearbox sent agents to your house, strapped you down, stole your credit card and forced you to buy all the costume DLCs! You should be filing a lawsuit man!
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg