This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Borderlands 2 GOTY worth it?

#31Darkcloud20Posted 10/17/2013 9:30:51 PM
Allmattered posted...
The GOTY is a joke. They dish out dozens and dozens of DLCs worth over a $100 then package them altogether for more than half that price. It's really just a ripoff for those who went with the season pass or bought each 1 separately.

I lost interest in BL2 after how many DLCs they've added on. Might be reasonable or a case of plain greed, seeing how Borderlands 2 is the only successful game Gearbox has at the moment. So why not just spam profits from it?

Well in that case its also a rip off to charge $60 for a game on release if it gets on sale for 50% off after a year of its release.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#32Benjamin_Button(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 9:51:49 PM
ihategod posted...
If you really want to try out BL2 and decide on the DLC later, GMG is having a blowout sale on BL2 at $10.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/pk/en/pc/games/rpgs/borderlands-2/

o wow. thanks alot for this.

which leads me to ask if it will even be worth playing through the game vanilla while waiting for a DLC pack/Season pass sale?
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#33YuniuninuniunPosted 10/17/2013 10:28:56 PM
Borderlands 2 isn't worth it at all. I enjoyed the game, but you pretty much have to buy the DLC if you want to experience everything. And that gets to cost more than the game is worth.
---
Playing: RaiderZ, Path of Exile, Animal Crossing New Leaf
#34TheMove2Posted 10/18/2013 4:48:02 AM
this game is a complete rip off. I purchased the game and season pass during release for like $90 and still missing half the dlc. My friends bros who I want to play with have no DLC which makes my dlc worthless.

Will never buy borderlands again. least with the first one i could share my dlc.
#35kjellboyPosted 10/18/2013 5:44:58 AM
Yes, it is worth it.

I pre-ordered the game and the season pass, and even before the second DLC, I had manage to get well over 200 hours out of the game. 248 hours to be exact, and I wont stop there. This game is a rare case where I would actually pay double of the normal price.
---
| Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V Pro | CPU: Intel i5 2500k | GPU: Asus DirectCU II OC GTX 680 | RAM: 8 GB | I know that the motherboard is a bottleneck.
#36sauruschamp1Posted 10/18/2013 6:06:22 AM
vanilla is still worth it as the game is very enjoyable. DLC wise I bought the season pass and all the characters and thought it worth it really liked playing as krieg. GOTY is a joke as it doesnt include the second vault hunter upgrade (ie extra levels) and they have already confirmed that they will be adding new dlc featured around new raid bosses (first of which is a Halloween pumpkin boss featuring TK Baha as the quest giver; you can see videos of it already). Your bettr off gettign the base game cheap while its on sale and picking up the dlcs when on sale as well and pick and choos which ones you like. I recommend Mr. Torgues Campaign of Carnage and Tiny Tinas Assault on Dragon Keep for story dlc and krieg as an extra character. Also if you find out you really enjoy it and want extra playthroughs and levels with your current characters grab the upgrade packs.
---
Xbox GT: Zarosian 3DS ID: 1848-2118-1570
Origin and SteamID: Zarosio
#37Benjamin_Button(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 6:13:29 AM
Welpz...just pulled the trigger on it. $10...$10 for at least 10 hrs of gameplay and im happy.

Going to play (probably finish everything co-op online w/ randoms) and pick up DLC as they go on sale.
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#38r0ge00Posted 10/18/2013 7:15:50 AM
TheMove2 posted...
this game is a complete rip off. I purchased the game and season pass during release for like $90 and still missing half the dlc. My friends bros who I want to play with have no DLC which makes my dlc worthless.

Will never buy borderlands again. least with the first one i could share my dlc.

So because you're incapable of shopping around for deals and your friends are cheap, this is a bad deal? Myself and many others got the game + season pass for a hair over $60 ON RELEASE at GMG.
#39notSFFPosted 10/18/2013 8:14:25 AM
Considering that I don't care at all for cosmetic skins, heads, etc, and the only DLC worth it IMO are CONTENT DLC like the 4 campaigns and the two level cap raisers, yes, I say its worth it.
---
SteamID: tsff20
Xbox Gamer Tag: TSFF19