This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Da f***? We can't download and play games at the same time on Steam?

#41ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/16/2013 8:12:24 PM
Last Grand MageX2 posted...
You want to know what's really obnoxious though? When you go into a topic with no intention of actually adding to the conversation, and start flaming other users.

Thats pretty obnoxious.

That's your opinion.
#42Last Grand MageX2Posted 10/16/2013 8:14:32 PM
Kosba_2142 posted...
Bikes- posted...
ivanwind15 posted...
RPGMatt posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Alt+tab
Right Click
Pause updating
Right click
Resume updating
Kindergarten dismissed

Such a pain though. Why don't they make an option for it?

What has our society come to?

To be fair some games crash from tabbing out so it can be a bit of a nuisance. I do agree that it really should be a option.

While I do agree that it should be an option, I also believe that THOSE GAMES SHOULDN'T BE CRASHING

Many of the games that have trouble with alt+tab tend to be fairly dated, in my experience. I agree that they shouldn't be crashing in principle, but I also don't think that game developers should have the ability to alt+tab out of the game window as a design priority.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#43DiviDudePosted 10/16/2013 8:14:45 PM
ShadowThaReaper has done a very effective job of putting himself in the TimePharaoh and Ningishzida tier of having literally nothing to offer and doing so in the most dickish way possible.

To the ignore list!
#44Last Grand MageX2Posted 10/16/2013 8:16:29 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
You want to know what's really obnoxious though? When you go into a topic with no intention of actually adding to the conversation, and start flaming other users.

Thats pretty obnoxious.

That's your opinion.

Actually, its not.

Obnoxious (adjective) - unpleasant in a way that makes people feel offended, annoyed, or disgusted.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#45MegawizardPosted 10/16/2013 8:26:11 PM
rpgguy999 posted...
Bikes- posted...
To be fair some games crash from tabbing out so it can be a bit of a nuisance. I do agree that it really should be a option.

I've encountered a few games that have this problem.
Kinda of annoying...

The ones that run on Source are pretty much guaranteed to do it from my experience. Others are kind of hit and miss, but mostly only the older games.
#46SteamsterPosted 10/16/2013 8:49:17 PM
I have no idea how a thread with this title hit 40+ posts.

I could read the thread, but I'm frightened.
#47TimePharaohPosted 10/16/2013 9:33:19 PM
DiviDude posted...
ShadowThaReaper has done a very effective job of putting himself in the TimePharaoh and Ningishzida tier of having literally nothing to offer and doing so in the most dickish way possible.

To the ignore list!

Yes, ignorant people tend to not like intelligent people who know what they're talking about. Carry on sir, and good luck in your continued ability to dress yourself in the morning.
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#48RPGMattPosted 10/17/2013 12:42:32 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
RPGMatt posted...

I'm so sick of this post showing up in every argument. I guess we just shouldn't strive to improve things.

Right? I've honestly never really thought that "steam fanboys" existed before this topic, but it's amazing how many people are arguing that everything is perfect the way it is, and that there's no way steam should change it.

You baby boys need to learn to read.

I'm not defending it. I'm telling you that your whiny pants pissing is obnoxious. Please shut up.

Every time "that guy" (in this case you) makes "that post," he unfailingly overstates the importance of the issue to the other side. No one here said it was a big deal, no one here is passionate about changing it... It's just something mildly dumb that should be fixed. If you think this has been whiny pants pissing, maybe you're just overly sensitive.

I don't even really care about the download thing, at this point I'm just pissed off by the attitude of people like you. So I guess successful troll is successful.
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
#49NingishzidaPosted 10/17/2013 12:55:24 AM
DiviDude posted...

To the ignore list!

Ignoring prolific, knowledgeable and helpful posters is laughable, not only are you shutting yourself off from a huge amount of posts and contexts, but you're also stunting your education.
#50Combo MasterPosted 10/17/2013 4:13:00 AM
It took steam a long time to just let us limit the download speed.

I am sure a lot complained and people said just use a third party program to limit the dl speed on steam and stop complaining.

Everybody needs to email valve saying they want it fixed. Except for the people in here who think programs/businesses should never change for the better....
---
Combo Master