This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Graphics driver help!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Graphics driver help!
2 years ago#1
Hey guys,

I have run into a big issue with my comp and I'd appreciate some help. I was updating my graphics drivers today, it was going through the usual routine, deleting the old drivers, installing the new ones. All of a sudden my screen went black, then reappeared with a super huge, low res image of my desktop and said the driver installation failed. Now my screen just looks like a hige mess. Whats worse, I can't get my computer to do anything now. I try to load the driver installation again and nothing happens.

What should I do? My computer is basically useless like this....
---
Sig not changing until Bucs win Superbowl. Started 8/9/05
2 years ago#2
Nice specifics, bro
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
2 years ago#3
Alright man, I realize I didn't specify my gpu but you don't have to be a jerk about it.

I have a MSI GTX560 Nvidia card, my previous driver version was 308 I think but am trying to install the latest one...327 or something.
---
2 years ago#4
I've heard older cards and the 560 in particular don't work well with the new drivers. Try to reinstall the ones you had
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
2 years ago#5
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
I've heard older cards and the 560 in particular don't work well with the new drivers. Try to reinstall the ones you had

Thanks for the help. I am currently trying a second time to install the new drivers, but if it fails again I'll re-install the old ones.
---
2 years ago#6
Boot in safe mode.
Use a driver sweeper to clean out the old drivers.
Install last known working drivers.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
2 years ago#7
I have a 460, and I've stuck with 314.22 for fear of what has happened to you happening to me.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Graphics driver help!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived